• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear Gator,

Why does this thread always revert to college football of the Southern variety..?

because they don't have Chick-fil-a restaraunts in NY lol

Actually there IS a Chick-fil-A in Manhattan. It's a little top secret because its on NYUs campus, but it is accessible to the public. As soon as I found out about it, I had to go because I love Chick-fil-A, and I am happy to say that it was as good as it is anywhere. The only caveat is that you have to be prepared to feel very old because you are going to be eating with college kids. But then again, it's Chick-fil-A, so it's worth it.

in Fl, there is a Chick on every corner...so, it is not that big of a deal to me, but there is really not a better fast food chicken sandwich out there, that I have had

Dear Gator,

Why does this thread always revert to college football of the Southern variety..?

Actually there IS a Chick-fil-A in Manhattan. It's a little top secret because its on NYUs campus, but it is accessible to the public. As soon as I found out about it, I had to go because I love Chick-fil-A, and I am happy to say that it was as good as it is anywhere. The only caveat is that you have to be prepared to feel very old because you are going to be eating with college kids. But then again, it's Chick-fil-A, so it's worth it.

Believe it or not, my Dad went to college with the founder of Chic-Fil-A.

2 of the franchisees got to our church...I get LOTS of free sandwich coupons :luhv:

Dear Gator,

2 of the franchisees got to our church...I get LOTS of free sandwich coupons :luhv:

They just opened up two of them near me in the last few months. They are totally packed at lunch with the drive-thru spilling out into the street. Definitely the best chicken sandwich though their waffle fries are well down the list.

Dear Gator,

They just opened up two of them near me in the last few months. They are totally packed at lunch with the drive-thru spilling out into the street. Definitely the best chicken sandwich though their waffle fries are well down the list.

What? Their waffle fries are awesome! They are reportedly opening a Chick-Fil-A catercorner to the In-N-Out on Sunset Blvd. in LA. That should be an interesting competition.

Dear Gator,

What? Their waffle fries are awesome! They are reportedly opening a Chick-Fil-A catercorner to the In-N-Out on Sunset Blvd. in LA. That should be an interesting competition.

Just personal preference, I guess. I still think McDonald's has the best fries and the best diet cokes. Their chicken stuff is scarey, though.

Definitely prefer Chick-Fil-A waffle fries to McDonald's, especially since MCD's changed the recipe a couple of years ago. Also like the milkshake at Chick's better.

Hey G.A.t.o.r,

Is this an "a" or an "E" penciled on a 1942 DC?

I've seen it on Novia Scotia peds,instead of the usual "m".

Distributor pencil mark? Lost Ped book?

Thanks

ped-1.jpg

remember I am "old"....that is way to small for me to see it as anything cept a mark that reminds me of a bugger :baiting:

lol

Do you mean booger?

Ask one of the Brits what "bugger" means.

;)

Yes, but you do have Nifty Fifties! And Steve's Prince of Steaks!

Love Nifty Fifties. :cloud9: Steve's is right around the corner from where I work, great steak and cheese fries.

Around here it is United Dairy Farmers for milkshakes. Two scoops of whatever you want, a little milk, and a mixer and you are in milk shake heaven. I've never tried a chic shake. I'll have to give it a shot.

Dear Gator

If I told you to F off in front of Briget, will she kick me in the nuts?

xoxo

greggy

I'm going with a high five.

:insane:

Don't get to our Chik-fil-A often, but the waffle fries are definitely a plus.

Being a transplant from California, I certainly miss the occasional In-N-Out Double Double with extra onions. Miss Del Taco too. Florida is krap for decent fast food joints, unless you count Five Guys.

Don't get to our Chik-fil-A often, but the waffle fries are definitely a plus.

Being a transplant from California, I certainly miss the occasional In-N-Out Double Double with extra onions. Miss Del Taco too. Florida is krap for decent fast food joints, unless you count Five Guys.

Some people swear by Five Guys and I've even heard people rate it above In N Out. I wholeheartedly disagree. It's better than McDonald's but having been there a few times when it first came to New York, I don't see ever eating there again. But every time I'm in LA, I go to In N Out at least once.