• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your golden age that's not in the guide

28 posts in this topic

Fram001.jpg

This fram fun book is made by the same fram company that put out Hoods up. It is not in the guide and is almost as hard to find. Also Fram also put out a book called Hooray comics. It is also not in the guide but is in Gerber at a Gerber 10. Fram books have got to be one of the hardest to find from any company. So let's see all your books that should have been in the guide but was not.

So let's see all your books that should have been in the guide but was not.

Overstreet's done an amazing job over the years. It's amazing how much stuff IS in the Guide. However, there are still literally thousands of comic books not listed. Here are just a FEW examples...

Comics published by colleges/universities...

104574.jpg.55d7f82c9989c03a9495cf59f0e2a7ff.jpg

104575.jpg.b11cb80d91c8cea329181f7e1cd2e8ce.jpg

:o Very nice. How many pages and what is the interior art like?

36 pages, magazine size. Interior mostly newsprint comics. A mix of parodies of popular strips (including funny ones of SuperFella and Ickday Acytray) and original material. Here's a peek at the first page of "Repulso," collegiate humor about a horrible cook. Here also is the highlight of the issue, the complete story featuring "The Spook." Love that art, including a nice Flash Gordon parody!

104592.jpg.24f55a38595984a87eaf66079d0482fe.jpg

104593.jpg.9253e0d748a0d541809285cfdec82a4d.jpg

104594.jpg.b80c47bbe77677867b0066671ee9c55e.jpg

104595.jpg.b750d7cdb852890a3df615b8175ca449.jpg

36 pages, magazine size. Interior mostly newsprint comics. A mix of parodies of popular strips (including funny ones of SuperFella and Ickday Acytray) and original material. Here's a peek at the first page of "Repulso," collegiate humor about a horrible cook. Here also is the highlight of the issue, the complete story featuring "The Spook." Love that art, including a nice Flash Gordon parody!

Thanks for all the scans. Now I want one ... but I fear I might never find another copy than yours :cry:

As Boot noted, many political promotional books are not in the Guide. They should be too!

Thanks for posting all those fantastic comics! Political comics deserve a thread of their own. They are comic books that literally changed the course of history.

Thanks for all the scans. Now I want one ... but I fear I might never find another copy than yours :cry:

Don't discount the possibility. You never know. One advantage of an item not being in the Guide is that not many others know about it!

That African Queen comic is amazing. I had no idea they were putting out comics for movies around this time and think it would be a fascinating group of books to hunt down if there were a somewhat comprehensive list.

Secondly, people seriously were encouraged to vote for a guy named "Footsie"?