• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So why a War chest !!

60 posts in this topic

First of all I want to thank all of the people who have sent kind words in regards to my situation.

Work has been very very slow lately and my paycheck has been short quite a few hours for the past 3 or 4 months.I have been trying to get my ex wife to work with me on the amount of Child support I pay in relation to the hours worked.She will not budge.(it is almost a mortgage payment on a small house)

She will not give me shared custody of my kids because it will cut the amount of child support I pay.The amount I would have to pay will be the difference between what she and I make if I am allowed to have shared custody.

So the war chest fill fund my lawyers cost.

I will be selling my inventory (yes I was a dealer) and my collection over the next few months.Canadian books will be the last to go.

I talked to her tonight and I will leave you with her words to me.

"I don't have any money left at the end of the month so you shouldn't either.

John

Sorry man...lots of people are hurting now and I certainly hope things get better for you

However, you had children and you should pay for them any way you have to. No sympathy from me on this topic.

Instead of selling your comics to spend on an attorney to lower your child support...why not sell the comics to give the money to your kids? :baiting:

Sorry man...lots of people are hurting now and I certainly hope things get better for you

However, you had children and you should pay for them any way you have to. No sympathy from me on this topic.

Instead of selling your comics to spend on an attorney to lower your child support...why not sell the comics to give the money to your kids? :baiting:

You have got to be kidding me. :screwy: The guy doesnt see his kids because she will not share custody because SHE will lose out on money. Translation: If she lets him see his children she will lose a certain percentage of child support.

To make myself clearer....The lawyer fees will also cover him fighting for me to get shared custody of my kids...not every other weekend like it is now.

I have never had a problem paying my fair share of Child support...key words fair share

I am giving up my comics to get more time with my kids and have money to spend on them.

To make myself clearer....The lawyer fees will also cover him fighting for me to get shared custody of my kids...not every other weekend like it is now.

I have never had a problem paying my fair share of Child support...key words fair share

I am giving up my comics to get more time with my kids and have money to spend on them.

Im sorry to hear this John. I hope everything works out for you. I couldnt imagine not seeing my little boys face everyday.. My heart goes out to you.

John, it was good to see you the other day. Wish I could have spared more time but it was an insane week.

I believe that when you make the right decision the outcome is always greater than what you give up.

Good luck! I'm betting that there is a silver lining to all of this.

MontrealComicCon09-2010056.jpg

That was an obtuse assumption doh!

I'm not a deadbeat Dad...I lost my custody battle last year. I spent a lot of money on a lawyer to try to get custody of my kids and I lost.

I was rewarded for my troubles by an INCREASE in an already high child support payment (a large home mortgage payment) , even though I had lost my job. I can only see them during the summer, and then I have to pay for the plane tix and I cant claim them for taxes. She makes twice my salary.

That was an obtuse assumption doh!

I'm not a deadbeat Dad...I lost my custody battle last year. I spent a lot of money on a lawyer to try to get custody of my kids and I lost.

I was rewarded for my troubles by an INCREASE in an already high child support payment (a large home mortgage payment) , even though I had lost my job. I can only see them during the summer, and then I have to pay for the plane tix and I cant claim them for taxes. She makes twice my salary.

:(

Divorce and support laws do more damage than none at all and it saddens me every time I hear when these situations occur.

Men disproportionally suffer so horribly both emotionally and financially at the hands of divorce lawyers. :(

I couldn't handle emotional blackmail like this if it was me.

No wonder not marrying is so much prevalent these days.

But I do agree that paying a lawyer what it takes to have a good father in their child's life, in spite of what the Ex wants, isn't a selfish thing to do.

It's the RIGHT thing to do. (thumbs u

This is one of the most insensitive posts I've read on these boards.

Best of luck, John! I hope and pray that you win the joint-custody battle. I'm sure your kids would love to see more of you :wishluck:

Best of luck, John! I hope and pray that you win the joint-custody battle. I'm sure you're kids would love to see more of you :wishluck:

+1 ( :gossip: seriously sometimes silence is golden...why take a cheap shot at someone obviously struggling)

Good luck John, hope things work out well and you can be more of a presence in your children's lives. Keeping my eye on your thread...hopefully I can find something to help out (thumbs u

Ya coming from someone who said that Doug from pedigree comics is a good guy, get a clue!

Sorry to hear about your problems, I know it would drive me crazy if I couldn't spend time with my kids "if I had kids" Good Luck

Best of luck, John! I hope and pray that you win the joint-custody battle. I'm sure your kids would love to see more of you :wishluck:

I'll say! WTF? The dude isn't shirking paying for his kids; you're missing the whole point man! His EX is your typical :censored: :censored:mother :censored: son of a :censored:. THAT'S the point. :sumo:

You have my sympathies. When I went through my custody case, I didn't even have the pleasure of having the judge look me in the eye before he stuck it in and broke it off ( closed door deals!). I hope things work out in your favor. Disregard Mark 1's post. it's obvious that he has no clue what he's talking about...

John: You always were one of the good ones and I'm positive justice will be served.

I wish I could buy all your CDN books, so in a couple years I could get them back to you when you have shared custody, and the life you deserve back.

Jim

John: You always were one of the good ones and I'm positive justice will be served.

I wish I could buy all your CDN books, so in a couple years I could get them back to you when you have shared custody, and the life you deserve back.

Jim

+1

btw....cgcworld where in the White Mountains are you exactly??

Best of luck to you John !

A friend of mine is going through the exact same thing right now.

I'm 40 years old and have always said i will never get married, and this is why.

I know lots of guys that have lost everything.