• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So why a War chest !!

60 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear this John.

The justice system definately favors the female in break-ups. I've seen it before where the marriage breaks up, the female hates the male, moves away from the ex-husband and expects every penny possible.

That being said, do your best to support your kids and be their great dad.

John: You always were one of the good ones and I'm positive justice will be served.

I wish I could buy all your CDN books, so in a couple years I could get them back to you when you have shared custody, and the life you deserve back.

Jim

I offered him the same buy back clause last week, although in more of a humourous nature because I thought his auction was just that, and not as serious as it sounds now.

Sorry man...lots of people are hurting now and I certainly hope things get better for you

However, you had children and you should pay for them any way you have to. No sympathy from me on this topic.

Instead of selling your comics to spend on an attorney to lower your child support...why not sell the comics to give the money to your kids? :baiting:

To make myself clearer....The lawyer fees will also cover him fighting for me to get shared custody of my kids...not every other weekend like it is now.

I have never had a problem paying my fair share of Child support...key words fair share

I am giving up my comics to get more time with my kids and have money to spend on them.

As someone else stated earlier...I'm surprised things like this are aired on open forums to strangers but with that said and since you did bring it up for comments...

I certainly understand your situation and I commend you for being an active Dad with your children. You have every right to fight for shared custody. I hope you win.

What got me was the intent to try and lower the support. Why didn't you get shared custody in the original divorce agreement?

Your post came across to me that your intent to get shared custody is to lower the amount of money you are paying to your ex-wife for the kids. Not because you want to see more of your kids. See the distinction?

Of course, if you get shared custody the child support to your ex will be lowered because you have the children more time than before and that costs money. Which will probably cost you more money if the kids are living with you more....

However, since that wasn't part of your original divorce agreement you were ordered to pay a certain amount. If that amount is too much because you make less money...you can file for a modification and fight for shared custody at the same time. However, that is a costly proposition with attorney fees.

It just angers me when I see Fathers who want to lower their support for their children. The mentality (not saying it is this case) is that they feel the money is going to the ex-wife and not the children. Which is (in most case) total BS.

I won't go into my personal reasons on this board but I have my reasons for feeling this way.

Like I said, good for you for wanting to see your children and spend more time with them. It's the lowering of the support that bothers me. The kids are the ones who suffer in all of this madness.

Good luck.

Sorry man...lots of people are hurting now and I certainly hope things get better for you

However, you had children and you should pay for them any way you have to. No sympathy from me on this topic.

Instead of selling your comics to spend on an attorney to lower your child support...why not sell the comics to give the money to your kids? :baiting:

To make myself clearer....The lawyer fees will also cover him fighting for me to get shared custody of my kids...not every other weekend like it is now.

I have never had a problem paying my fair share of Child support...key words fair share

I am giving up my comics to get more time with my kids and have money to spend on them.

As someone else stated earlier...I'm surprised things like this are aired on open forums to strangers but with that said and since you did bring it up for comments...

I certainly understand your situation and I commend you for being an active Dad with your children. You have every right to fight for shared custody. I hope you win.

What got me was the intent to try and lower the support. Why didn't you get shared custody in the original divorce agreement?

Your post came across to me that your intent to get shared custody is to lower the amount of money you are paying to your ex-wife for the kids. Not because you want to see more of your kids. See the distinction?

Of course, if you get shared custody the child support to your ex will be lowered because you have the children more time than before and that costs money. Which will probably cost you more money if the kids are living with you more....

However, since that wasn't part of your original divorce agreement you were ordered to pay a certain amount. If that amount is too much because you make less money...you can file for a modification and fight for shared custody at the same time. However, that is a costly proposition with attorney fees.

It just angers me when I see Fathers who want to lower their support for their children. The mentality (not saying it is this case) is that they feel the money is going to the ex-wife and not the children. Which is (in most case) total BS.

I won't go into my personal reasons on this board but I have my reasons for feeling this way.

Like I said, good for you for wanting to see your children and spend more time with them. It's the lowering of the support that bothers me. The kids are the ones who suffer in all of this madness.

Good luck.

well THAT helped :popcorn:

This is one of the most insensitive posts I've read on these boards.

Best of luck, John! I hope and pray that you win the joint-custody battle. I'm sure your kids would love to see more of you :wishluck:

I'll say! WTF? The dude isn't shirking paying for his kids; you're missing the whole point man! His EX is your typical :censored: :censored:mother :censored: son of a :censored:. THAT'S the point. :sumo:

Yep, it's always the ex who is the typical blah blah blah....

My post wasn't meant to be insensitive. It was stating it like it is. I've seen too many fathers who are ordered to pay a certain amount a month for their children but somehow it gets in their head that the money is going to the ex-wife and not the kids.

Then that becomes justification for lowering support or not paying support or trying other legal tactics to lower child support.

There are far too many struggling single moms out there because of men who are constantly trying to lower support or not pay. I'm not saying the OP is one of them. So don't try to imply I am....

Again, it's awesome the OP spends time with his children and wants to spend more time with them. It's the notion that the ex is some horrible person because she wants the support. AND, to me the OP made it seem that he wants to get shared custody in order to lower his payments. I see those things as two separate issues. Wanting to see your kids more often is a great thing.

Call me insensitive...call me whatever.... :slapfight:

I wish the OP the best of luck in this situation but quite honestly...I hope for the kids more. :wishluck: They typically tend to be the ones who suffer the most in these tangled adult webs.

Best of luck, John! I hope and pray that you win the joint-custody battle. I'm sure your kids would love to see more of you :wishluck:

I'll say! WTF? The dude isn't shirking paying for his kids; you're missing the whole point man! His EX is your typical :censored: :censored:mother :censored: son of a :censored:. THAT'S the point. :sumo:

blah blah blah....

You should have kept it short, shorty doh!

digging-a-hole.jpg

Yep, it's always the ex who is the typical blah blah blah....

My post wasn't meant to be insensitive. It was stating it like it is. I've seen too many fathers who are ordered to pay a certain amount a month for their children but somehow it gets in their head that the money is going to the ex-wife and not the kids.

Then that becomes justification for lowering support or not paying support or trying other legal tactics to lower child support.

There are far too many struggling single moms out there because of men who are constantly trying to lower support or not pay. I'm not saying the OP is one of them. So don't try to imply I am....

Again, it's awesome the OP spends time with his children and wants to spend more time with them. It's the notion that the ex is some horrible person because she wants the support. AND, to me the OP made it seem that he wants to get shared custody in order to lower his payments. I see those things as two separate issues. Wanting to see your kids more often is a great thing.

Call me insensitive...call me whatever.... :slapfight:

I wish the OP the best of luck in this situation but quite honestly...I hope for the kids more. :wishluck: They typically tend to be the ones who suffer the most in these tangled adult webs.

+1

Too quick to make judgments.

Dan

Hey, it's my 2c

You don't have to like it....

I can't see why anyone would want to bring this stuff up here anyway even if to get some friendly support.

These divorce situations always have more to them than meets the eye. It's never black and white and never simple. (shrug)

I don't wish any ill will toward the OP. I wish him and his children the best.

WTF?

WTF?

Try reading my posts and comprehend them and you might understand. If not, PM me and I'll type it slower.

WTF?

Try reading my posts and comprehend them and you might understand. If not, PM me and I'll type it slower.

Get your finger out of your arse and don't try to lay your pathetic drivel on me. I've read your posts and they're all as bad as each other, it's not that I have trouble comprehending them, it's the insensitivity behind them I have trouble dealing with.

WTF?

Here's a better idea: why don't you just do everyone a favor and STFU?

WTF?

Here's a better idea: why don't you just do everyone a favor and STFU?

+1

I've never seen so many tail end posts with useless rambling.

DR.X

WTF?

Get your finger out of your arse and don't try to lay your pathetic drivel on me. I've read your posts and they're all as bad as each other, it's not that I have trouble comprehending them, it's the insensitivity behind them I have trouble dealing with.

lol It's not just me who has issues with this guy. Oh Mark. Mark, mark, mark (tsk)

And I've never seen such sheep who can't see anyone elses views on things. You might not agree...fine. But I won't STFU. Put me on ignore then. I didn't bash the OP at all.

Only in a round-about way. Consider if this whole thing happened in real life. Perhaps a co-worker, one you don't know particularly well, came upon a group of "the guys" at work. He poured his heart out about his marital/ex-spousal troubles, and the fact he felt he was being bleed dry and now had to sell off some of his prize possessions to continue the custody battle. Regardless of what your viewpoints might be, regardless of whether your sympathize with him or not, do you then proceed to interject your personal perspective into the conversation?

You seem like a bright enough guy to where your sense of good decorum would insure you refrain from voicing your beliefs. That's not the time and place. In here, also, is not the time and place. Perhaps the only difference is that in a real world setting, you probably care about whether your co-workers think of you as an insensitive schmuck, while here, you don't.

That's the difference between being a member of this community and not. If you want to stick around for the long haul, and reap all the benefits of friendship and comraderie this place has to offer, you might want to be a little more tactful in how you approach things. If you just want to make sure your voice is heard, and don't care who likes it or not, well, there are plenty of internet message boards that would be happy to have you.

Just a thought. :foryou:

...or better yet, if you don't understand why someone feels the need to divulge personal information on the forum, just stay out of the conversation altogether.

sometimes, it's actually okay to not give one's opinion on something

...or better yet, if you don't understand why someone feels the need to divulge personal information on the forum, just stay out of the conversation altogether.

sometimes, it's actually okay to not give one's opinion on something

Hey, hey, hey, DO NOT try to tell Mark not to post. He won't STFU.

And I've never seen such sheep who can't see anyone elses views on things. You might not agree...fine. But I won't STFU. Put me on ignore then. I didn't bash the OP at all.

Only in a round-about way. Consider if this whole thing happened in real life. Perhaps a co-worker, one you don't know particularly well, came upon a group of "the guys" at work. He poured his heart out about his marital/ex-spousal troubles, and the fact he felt he was being bleed dry and now had to sell off some of his prize possessions to continue the custody battle. Regardless of what your viewpoints might be, regardless of whether your sympathize with him or not, do you then proceed to interject your personal perspective into the conversation?

You seem like a bright enough guy to where your sense of good decorum would insure you refrain from voicing your beliefs. That's not the time and place. In here, also, is not the time and place. Perhaps the only difference is that in a real world setting, you probably care about whether your co-workers think of you as an insensitive schmuck, while here, you don't.

That's the difference between being a member of this community and not. If you want to stick around for the long haul, and reap all the benefits of friendship and comraderie this place has to offer, you might want to be a little more tactful in how you approach things. If you just want to make sure your voice is heard, and don't care who likes it or not, well, there are plenty of internet message boards that would be happy to have you.

Just a thought. :foryou:

Very well said. (thumbs u

Andy