• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #14 and Detective #69 cover OA

41 posts in this topic

Off the top of my head, some covers from DC that may be equal of or of more iconic and historic importance; Superman #1, Action #1, Action #7 , Detective #27, Detective #31, Batman #1. Thats about it. Maybe a couple of more. But the number of covers in that rarified atmosphere is probably about 7 to 12. And of course, this one actually still exists.

I was referring to just the run of Superman covers. Definitely a number of iconic GA covers published that are up there with this one.

and speaking of AF 15- I know all the pages of the spidey story exist, but does anyone have any idea if the published (or Ditkos unpublished) cover exist?

How about 25? Another major cover for Superman.

I don't like Superman but issue 14 is to me the most patriotic cover. I would probably pick up the painted homage that was done for an OS cover a few years ago. It is a great cover. That said Detective 69 is my favorite Golden Age cover. Will be interesting to see what other covers are put up for sale down the road.

The flag cover is nice. I think the one where is lifting up a car would be a good one as well. :P

which brings up an interesting point... I'd actually rather have the Supes #1 cover. Anybody else or I am crazy? (: Both are mind-numbingly key but the supes 1 is the better image.

The flag cover is nice. I think the one where is lifting up a car would be a good one as well. :P

which brings up an interesting point... I'd actually rather have the Supes #1 cover. Anybody else or I am crazy? (: Both are mind-numbingly key but the supes 1 is the better image.

Would you rather have the most gorgeous Blonde in the world, or would you rather have the most gorgeous Brunette in the world?

You have stumbled upon what I have dubbed "The Gilligan Paradox".

You can choose Ginger or you can choose Maryann and no one has the right to question your choice.

The original art for Sup 1 was lifted off the Action 10 splash. The original cover to Sup 1 was a stat.

The original art for Sup 1 was lifted off the Action 10 splash. The original cover to Sup 1 was a stat.

So there's one less hypothetical cover in line ahead of the Superman #14.

Would you rather have the most gorgeous Blonde in the world, or would you rather have the most gorgeous Brunette in the world?

You have stumbled upon what I have dubbed "The Gilligan Paradox".

You can choose Ginger or you can choose Maryann and no one has the right to question your choice.

I would have Ginger living in a hut on the east side of the island and Maryann in a hut on the West side of the island

ginger-and-maryann1.jpg