• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

finally Home, mY NYcc report

91 posts in this topic

nycc2010003.jpg

Geez, Rick, I know it`s impressive as hell, but maybe you shouldn`t have so many duplicates of some books on display. Kind of destroys any illusion of scarcity! :baiting:

What happened to the 'Tec 31? (shrug)

nycc2010003.jpg

Geez, Rick, I know it`s impressive as hell, but maybe you shouldn`t have so many duplicates of some books on display. Kind of destroys any illusion of scarcity! :baiting:

:sorry: sold

nycc2010003.jpg

:sorry: sold

:cry:

But congrats on the sale! :foryou:

I think I saw nearly everyone. I was even polite to most of them.

Yep it was surprising, you even gave me a cookie.

I regretted that decision later.... especially once I had eaten the last of greggy's blueberry cake.

I didn't get spooned, I didn't get a cookie, I didn't get to meet lauren...geesh, I guess the show actually sucked in hindsight lol

I didn't get spooned, I didn't get a cookie, I didn't get to meet lauren...geesh, I guess the show actually sucked in hindsight lol

You had excellent help setting up. :foryou:

"Spoon"ed?

Kind of you to thank me doc :acclaim:

Kind of you to thank me doc :acclaim:

I think not, curried limey. You weren't even on the ground for setup.

My girlfriend and I went to a Broadway show on Saturday night and we changed into dressier clothes in the bathrooms near Rick's table. I was admiring Rick's booth as I waited for my girlfriend but didn't get a chance to say hi as he was talking to a potential customer at the time.

He was talking about there being only 1 book he's wanted to own but never has. Just in listening to him speak, the guy clearly loves comics. Hope to say hi at the next show. :cool:

ok, got a little sleep (still not enough) but figured I would post our little NY con set up

we did a 12 foot gridwall rack, with an 8 foot table of "premium" books under vinyl

this was our first/left 4ft section...I experimented with 2 different set ups, but once word of "thefts" in the building, I changed from this (action 2 top left corner, and while it would be tough for someone to steal, it was likely the only book someone could reach)

nycc2010001.jpg

to this (the least expensive book in the book, and a consigned book anyway, so what did I care if it was stolen, right bennos :baiting: )

nycc2010003.jpg

our middle section was more "timely" concentrated:

nycc2010007.jpg

our 3rd section was SA focus

nycc2010009.jpg

our table changed daily, here it was it looked like on one day, but we rotated books

nycc2010004.jpg

nycc2010005.jpg

nycc2010010.jpg

(worship) x 1,000,000,000

highlight of the dinner was when a parton at the table next to us about chocked to death, only to be saved by a waiter performing the heimlec manuver, all whilst our resident doctor Imran sat by and made wagers on the life expectancy (just kidding)....

To be fair, I spent my time wondering how much to charge the bloke who was choking for my services before I leapt into action

My girlfriend and I went to a Broadway show on Saturday night and we changed into dressier clothes in the bathrooms near Rick's table. I was admiring Rick's booth as I waited for my girlfriend but didn't get a chance to say hi as he was talking to a potential customer at the time.

He was talking about there being only 1 book he's wanted to own but never has. Just in listening to him speak, the guy clearly loves comics. Hope to say hi at the next show. :cool:

sorry to have missed you double P...next time, just give me the ole gator chomp sign, it is sure to get my attention lol

I regretted that decision later.... especially once I had eaten the last of greggy's blueberry cake.

:censored: u