• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

finally Home, mY NYcc report

91 posts in this topic

hello all...

finally made it back to good ole florida...

thought I would make some observations and such, about my NYcc experience this year...

flight up Wednesday was relatively uneventfull, always thankful for that...

checked into the Sheraton Hotel and Towers on 7th and 53rd...first thing I did was toss the room for bedbugs...happy to report, not a one!

Went to dinner with Adam (filter81), Danielle (missoblivious) and their daughter Marissa (gosh I hope I spelled it right)...

Woke up thursday morning, headed down the the Javits...unloaded our Gridwall racks and set them up...thanks to Gus at silverage for acting as receiving agent for us, on them!

talked to some folks , saw some friends, unloaded our books and stored them at motor city booth (thanks Michael and Larry)... quick dinner (excellent little italian place), off to bed!

Friday morn, got to the con early, set up our display (pictures to follow tomorrow), and we let the fun begin!

Delivered a few books to some friends (tec 29 to imran, action 5 to mike, etc)...

Just so happened Friday was my birthday, so well wishes all day made for a nice day!...

had a nice birthday dinner ..joined by Andre (campued1010) and his wife Leslie...Imran (t3quilla), Andy (golddust) and friend (joe , I believe, from the UK) and Mike (comicdonna) and daughter Alyssa (same name as my youngest daughter)... highlight of the dinner was when a parton at the table next to us about chocked to death, only to be saved by a waiter performing the heimlec manuver, all whilst our resident doctor Imran sat by and made wagers on the life expectancy (just kidding)....

Saturday started out like friday...but the aisle were much more congested... tons of buyers and tire kickers and I saw TONS of boardies and friends...

Went to the cbca dinner saturday night...happy during the say that SC beat alabama, sad at night when my Gators lost to LSU...

sunday rolled around, set up, sales, crowds, friends, closing, and good byes!

Sharon (skypinkblu) was kind enough to let me crash with them Sunday night, and drive me to the airport today...after 3 hour plane maintanence delay, I am finally home...

A recap of some sales we made at the Con:

TTA 27 cgc 5.5

TOS 39 cgc 3.5

BB 28 cgc 3.0

BB 28 cgc 4.5

catman 28 cgc 3.0

catman 19 , raw 2.0

Captain america 1 cgc 3.0 (pre show sale)

Captain america 1 cgc 6.5

Superman 17, cgc 4.5

Batman 181 cgc 8.0

Amazing Fantasy 15 cgc 3.5

Xmen 1 cgc 8.5 (pre show sale, show pick up)

Captain america comics 7 cgc 5.0

submariner 18 cgc 9.4 (stunner)

captain america comics 61 cgc 7.5

captain america comics 40 crippin copy cgc 7.0

marvel boy 1 cgc 7.0

batman 16, spokane pedigree, cgc 6.5

human torch 8, cgc 3.0

superman 14, cgc 4.0

all american comics 16 ,cgc 3.5

those were the highlight sales...

only purchased 4 books

Zip 32 cgc 9.4 mile high copy

zip 33 cgc 9.0 mile high copy

Pep 34, raw 2.0

Detective comics 40, cgc 3.5

Yikes, glad you got home OK, Rick...so much for calling ahead to find out about plane delays... doh!
I was delayed 50 minutes in NY, and 2 hours + in Atlanta...but made it home safe and sound, and that is what counts (thumbs u

before I sign off tonight, I want to single out a couple of folks from the con ...this is no way diminishes all the other wonderful boardies, but 2 folks made a considerable impression on me...

the first, most already know of...Sharon (skypinkblu)... talk about a wonderful woman (and her husband ned is very cool as well!)... she truly cares...cares about the hobby, cares about the people in the hobby, and litterally does everything and anything she can to make sure us comic geeks are taken care of (from driving us all over carnation, to offering her home, to bringing food, etc, etc, etc)...

my vote for Forumnite of the year is hands down Skypinkblu...

my second "noticable" boardie, whom until this weekend I hadn't really known, but would go out on a very short limb and say we would be great friends if we got together more often, and one whom I would be proud to call a friend is Darwin (dmac538)...from his generosity in offering boardies rides to and from the airport, to making sure folks were "taken" care of in his city, this cat is one cool dude and I am better for having met him (thumbs u

I will make a little boardie recap tomorrow (and hope I don't leave anyone off), but these 2 struck me as "extra" special this con (worship)

my second "noticable" boardie, whom until this weekend I hadn't really known, but would go out on a very short limb and say we would be great friends if we got together more often, and one whom I would be proud to call a friend is Darwin (dmac538)...from his generosity in offering boardies rides to and from the airport, to making sure folks were "taken" care of in his city, this cat is one cool dude and I am better for having met him (thumbs u

I'm still DrWatson and I still approve this message. Darwin is an angel. :angel:

Woke up thursday morning, headed down the the Javits...unloaded our Gridwall racks and set them up...

...ahem...

Did you help set up the wall???? Physical labor? :o

Say it ain't so Doc, say it ain't so :wishluck:

Woke up thursday morning, headed down the the Javits...unloaded our Gridwall racks and set them up...

...ahem...

My hands got dirty on Thursday. I have witnesses.

...ahem...

My hands got dirty on Thursday. I have witnesses.

:cry:

another icon of mine has fallen.

I just don't know what is true anymore.....