• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics Greatest Villian?

36 posts in this topic

I have to say the Joker. He actually killed Robin. Dead. Gone. Forever. Talk about a nemesis!!! Death in the Family, greatest comic storyline ever.

Doctor Doom is right there. One of my favorite Doom stories, can actually be found in ASM 350 where Spidey and the Black Fox are rumbling with Doom and Doom just kicks the out of Spidey. Great issue and worth about 2 cents, my highest recommendation.

I would also like to throw this out there: the most popular villians are the most popular because they have the greatest villans. How often do you flip the pages of a Batman book because you want to see how he outwits the Joker / Penguin / Riddler / Two-Face, etc? Or Spider-man battle Doc Oc, Mysterio, Goblin, etc?

The most memorable characters face the smartest and coolest challenges (villans) and persevere.

Damn, Dam!

You thought the 'Death in the Family" was the greatest story ever? I have to disagree on that. It is responsible for beginning the "Great Speculator Influx of the 90's". Those books were $25 each before they even made it to the newsstand. Also started that horrible "Death of....." or "In this issue, someone dies!" trend. Sorry.

I think the toxic waste fumes from nearby Clifton, NJ may be affecting your thoughts. grin.gif

Chris

I would like to vote for Meth, WahooFury , Crusty and the truly evil genius - Comicinvestor. In my mind, they are all kind of comic book super villian types. Or we could do Meth or crusty and their various "3rd world, alternate universe selves" and make a heck of a villian team - like the Frightful Four ( Crusty, Marty, Puply, Gaak, and Becca). Becca the comic book collector's girlfriend with the avatar of a J-Lo look alike no less! Ah -that was true evil there.

I have to be true to Batman, but I do agree with how those books really started the speculation error.

And personally I still get chills up my spine when I flip to the full page picture of Batman carrying a dead Robin (428) and when on the last page of 429, Batman telling Superman to find his [the Joker's] body and then you see something to the effect: "but I know he won't. For that's how things always end between me and the Joker: Unresolved"

Ah! Comics at its best ladies and gents!

I would vote for you as the master baiter (no Rickdogg, not masturbator but that's another issue). You could bring out the worst out of the evil ones except CI. He's a Canuck so he has more self-control! wink.gif

Well every supervillian team needs a master of finance and i would vote for the king of Iowa or S. Dakota or where ever for that - Capt. Momma's boy and his team of brown nosed helpers. And I would rather be referred to as master instigator. I hope for god's sakes that payment arrived up there today. I know once it reached the border it was taken by a team of dog sleds and mounties since they don't have combustion engines in your country yet - but it should be there by now! That payment should cover at least a month's electric bill for the winter up there - they do have electricity don't they?

Ok - now for some "real" villians. Undoubtedly the 2 greatest historical baddies are Joker and Doom - I think a lot of other villians have been copied from them including Goblin and darth Vader. But there are some great new villians in toons and comics. I think Megatron is an all time great villian - he is better on the screen though as they always have such a great voice for him. Also Aku from Samurai Jack is awesome - overall great presentation on that show and very evil - his voice character is top shelf. The Deus ex Machina on Big Guy was great - the evil machines out of control! But favorite right now is Mojo Jojo from Powerpuffs - he rules ( I would be him for Halloween if i could have found the costume). Kids seem to love Boba/Jengo Fett - my son likes him better than anyone else from the new movies and I have no idea why! Honorable mention from comics - Kang, Ultron, Doc Ock, Abomination, Mangog, Destroyer, and of course Magneto and Juggernaut, Mandarin. Always loved the early Doc strange villians too - Dormammu and Baron Mordo.

Yo, received the payment finally so I can live in warmth for the Winter. BTW, how do you get the esteemed "Esquire" title. Can any ambulance chaser get it or do you actually have to be competant to get it? confused.gifwink.gif

I would pick Magneto as he could kick anyone butt big time. He could also be the most powerful one as who else could stop and clot all the iron in someone's blood in an instant or use any metal against you. He kicked wolverine's skeleton easy wink.gif

Dr Doom by a longshot. A villain who is also a man of his word with honor and integrity. No super powers of his own yet he is never seems overmatched. He's a classic, thanks Stan and Jack!

Honorable mentions for Dracula (from the Tomb of series) Mephisto (hey who's more evil than the Devil?) Red Skull

Favorite super villain battle Doom vs Red Skull on the surface of the Moon! Oh yeah I think I was like 8 years old and I thought it was the coolest thing Doom armed with a light saber and the Red Skull riding some Star Wars inspired space cycle. Way cool have to re read it now Chet

For reasons already covered, Doom.

Runner up would be the Kingpin. Why? Because there are many men like him in the real world. Because he's not content to merely beat his enemies, he has to utterly destroy their lives(read Daredevil: Born Again if you haven't yet). He's believable, leads a criminal empire, is highly inteligent, controlled and physically very tough. His origin is incredible too. A chubby little kid with an imposing, abusive father who gets into street crime to feed himself, and one day decides he won't take any more S#$T. He got to the top of the criminal world without any super powers, and acomplished what tons of other reject villains couldn't do WITH their powers.