• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mustaches vs. Cancer vs. Cartoonists

6 posts in this topic

Not sure where else to post this, so sorry if this is in the wrong thread, buuuut...

For those unfamiliar with MvC, basically you grow a mustache for 2 months to raise money for the children's ward of the Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in NY.

Because I am already the proud wearer of what is considered a "chin beard", I am technically disqualified from the competition part of the charity. So I decided to get a little creative. Being a bit of an illustrator, I decided instead of documenting my weekly progress in photos, I would illustrate my weekly mustache growing attempts. I will then take these drawings and place them on Ebay, and take any profits from selling them and put them back into MvC competition.

Please take a look and do what you can to help out:

http://www.mustachesvscancer.org/index.php?task=profile&id=633

And the ebay auctions are going to be here:

http://myworld.ebay.com/sorrow_industries/

Feel free to give me some feedback on the idea, thanks!

Photo37.jpg

Bumping, cause two of the lonely drawings are sitting on ebay without any bids. I know my mug is not pretty, but you can probably pick up some original art pretty darn cheap. Did I mention I am going to collect these into a mini-comic too? I will keep you updated on that as well...

Bid placed on the sombrero picture. If it goes to me for less than my max bid, I will donate the rest of the max bid to the charity. It's for a good cause. I really support mustache growth!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.