• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rutland Vermont

4 posts in this topic

So my wife and I left sunny Sudbury Ontario Canada on Friday October 1st to drive all the way to upstate New York, crossed the border at Cornwall.

Spent the first night in Malone.

Then Saturday we travelled all around Vermont through Lake Champlain, Burlington, Essex, Montpellier, etc, ended up spending the night in Barre VT (ate at a beautiful italian restaurant, great food).

Sunday we travelled through Lebanon to Concord NH through to Portsmouth/Hampton Beach, took a dip in the ocean, ate at Petey's, then travelled back to...yes, to Rutland VT!

We spent the last night of our trip there.

Monday was a 14-hour drive back home from Rutland through the Lake Placid area up to Cornwall and finally home (accidentally killing a bear on the road in the process an hour from home).

Anyway, one of the reasons I wanted to go to Rutland (other than ski since it's only October) was because of the whole Tom Fagan (R.I.P.)/Super-Hero thing.

I figured even though the annual Halloween parade wasn't on yet, there must be some type of comic-book-character related shop in the town somewhere.

Well, I couldn't find it.

The comic shop locator says Lebanon has the closest comic shop.

Is there really anything comic-book-related in Rutland?

Or is Rutland big on comic book characters only during the parade and in the funny books themselves?

The Halloween parade ended years ago. I made it once and it was alright but hardly worth the drive.

What started as a simple parade started to get a bit out of hand, by Vermont standards.Lot of townies didn't appreciate the rowdy college students coming to town once a year.

Thanks for the info.

I'm sure my wife and I will hit the Rutland area again someday (probably after we watch the HABS crunch the Washington Capitals in Montreal on March 26th) but this time I won't go with any comic-oriented expectations.