• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has Anyone Dealt With Tom McMurren ???

65 posts in this topic

It appears he may have the comics he's listed on ebay. Checking his feedback I see Heritage left him a bunch of positive feedback around April of 2003. That's probably where he got the books from. Some of his scans have the Heritage sticker(?) on them.

Ebay will do NOTHING for you. I would follow the advice about contacting Murph and see if he can line up a lawyer for you. So sorry to hear of problems like this!

No offence.....but you are like a heroin junkie you don't really care where you get your fix from. Only 12 to go and the blinkers are on........most people on these boards would not have touched this guy with a barge pole unless a great deal more research was done on the seller.

Not saying you have made a mistake (hopefully it will still work out) but take it from someone who was saved by this forum from making a mistake there is no substitute for common sense and reputation when buying high end books.

No offence.....but you are like a heroin junkie you don't really care where you get your fix from. Only 12 to go and the blinkers are on........most people on these boards would not have touched this guy with a barge pole unless a great deal more research was done on the seller.

Yeah but $1,900 isn't chump change(at least to some people), and I can see Ian questioning what the delay is if the person has time to list more books.

I have bought high priced items from people off of ebay and i have had no such luck. I think that Ian contacted him and asked if he had the book, i am sure he looked at his feedback and felt that he was going to get his book. Well, the guy is really giving him the run around. What no one suggested that i would recommend is send a CERTIFED LETTER that he has to sign for. Explaining that you have allready said in the email - and that you can and will file mail fraud. Being outside the US does not make you helpless. and with the number of legal eagles on here, you should be able to be pointed in the right direction.

on a side note, it's easy for people to play "monday morning quarterback. Most of the time these type of transactions work out fine. -

In my defence, his early e-mails suggested he was a nice guy.

But there is something in what you're saying here.

Far far far worrying, is the fact that I don't have my Detective 3, 4, and 5, in my hands yet, and in the cold light of day, I don't actually know anything about the guy from Denmark who I bought them from.

I want to believe the best of people. Remember that I was worried about those comics off Joe Nacca late last year that were lost in the post, but they turned up after nearly eight weeks.

I want to believe Tom McMurren is on the level, and that he has posted them.

But I am getting scared now. And the other guy in Denmark made an excuse to stall till Monday the 10th March. Well Monday was the 8th, and tomorrow is the 10th, so I refuse to let myself panic yet, even though I gave him a cashiers cheque on the 13th February. But despite my trepidation, it's too soon to panic there.

Tom McMurren is a different story though. That's been WAY too long.

Sorry to see this happen. Not good for comic book hobbyists. I don't ever recall dealing with this person. If there is anything I can do to help your case here, even just to email this person, just let me know.

CAL hi.gif

Sorry to see this happen. Not good for comic book hobbyists. I don't ever recall dealing with this person. If there is anything I can do to help your case here, even just to email this person, just let me know.

Can you BELIEVE that despite all the e-mails giving him one last chance, and despite the fact that he currently has several items up on e-bay right now, he STILL hasn't sent one single reply to me.

How do I at least inform e-bay of what happened ???

Who do I contact ????

There is some sort of fraud going on here - I've tried to think the best of him after eight weeks, but how can I continue to do so. If he'd been on the level, wouldn't he have answered with SOME sort of excuse. I hate the fact that no-one on here has ever dealt with him - that immediately rings alarm bells.

He may not have gotten your email if he was traveling the country to pick up his new minivan.

Have you tried sending an email through one of his auction pages where there is a link to "ask seller a question"? He may have changed his hotmail account to something else and isn't getting your emails? Perhaps you can place a bid on one of his auctions to get his contact info and then call him. Perhaps the online white pages could provide a phone number. Checking his feedback it appears a board member HAS dealt with him but was the seller. I'll repeat again what we've all said: contact Murph and see if he can assist. Clive Iowa is just outside Des Moine.

He may not have gotten your email if he was traveling the country to pick up his new minivan.

OH----------------------------MY------------------------GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he's used my money to pay for a fifth of his minivan, and still no More Fun 10.

AAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried sending an email through one of his auction pages where there is a link to "ask seller a question"?

Yes, but I took your advice today again, and sent him this....

Dear Tom McMurren

I see you've just spent ten grand on a minivan, $1900 of which was my money.

If you are genuine, you would have replied to my e-mails instead of leaving me so upset and frustrated.

You MUST have realised that I am not going to go away, and will be involving lawyers and the police.

Why don't you either send me my More Fun 10 by TRACKABLE AND INSURED COURIER, or else immediately refund my money ????

Guess what.........

HE STILL HASN'T REPLIED.

Well he does own a minivan! The plot thickens!

Well well well.

I phoned the police in Clive, Iowa.

At first they weren't too helpful, then I spoke to a marvellous and helpful and sympathetic detective who had met this guy once before.

He drove out to McMurren's house, and McMurren assured him he had posted the More Fun 10 TODAY.

TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER EIGHT WEEKS !!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it ????????????????????????