• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about ordering at garydolgoffcomics.com

3 posts in this topic

Well I decided to try out their services/grading and picked some mid-grades from my want list.

Their web-interface was very straight forward, but I do have a question about their check-out option.

After I had filled in all my data (credit data as well) I was lead through a series of menus and then pressed a (unknown to me) final button and then was taken back to their search-page.

I'm assuming my order went through, but I'm not sure, no final page with the list of what I ordered, no email sent to me with an order verification etc..

At the moment I'm not even sure what I ordered anymore, there were about 20 books, but once I got into the check-out sequence I never saw the list again...

Did something go wrong or is this the usual way they operate and am I to expect a verification email still ??

It's been about 30-36 hours since I placed my order.....

Some feedback would help me ease my mind.....

I've ordered twice on-line from Dolgoff. The first time-- late in 2003-- I believe I did receive a confirmation email (though I've since long deleted it). The second time-- about 2 weeks ago-- I had a similar experience to yours. I was paying separately via PayPal, so I knew enough to print out my order number and my Checkout shopping list. But I forgot how much the calculated postage was, and there was no way to query his site given my order number, nor did I get a confirming email.

Since I believe I got an email the first time, I suspect the email generation part of his site has recently become broken? In any event, my package arrived last Friday, with $1 cash enclosed because I had mistakenly paid too much in shipping, working from my memory of what I thought the total was.

I suspect your order is fine, but I realize it must be maddening waiting for a package to arrive from overseas without any tracking number or confirmation! 893frustrated.gif

Suggestion: send him an email. He does read them. My earlier order had a minor problem, I emailed him, and within the week had another package arrive with a handwritten note straightening everything out. thumbsup2.gif

Thans for the reply Zonker...feel a tad better now thumbsup2.gif

Oh and package is bound for Chrisco...so that's not a worry......

Weird that nobody else has complained to them about this weird glitch confused-smiley-013.gif