• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pleasant surprises from 50p bargain boxes (Thanks BICS)

127 posts in this topic

Paid £24 for the FF49 and SS 10

Who was the seller?

Can't really put names to faces. His setup was opposite Incognito.

I know who you mean. (thumbs u

Don't know what his name was either, though. :tonofbricks:

I think that was the stall where Gary and I pulled out his three versions of an FF book and discussed the varying qualities/vagaries of his pricing.

Your name got mentioned at lunch, where the hellllll wereeeee youuuuuu, lol

Was hoping you could have made it, but maybe we'll meet in Bristol dude :hi:

Working on Saturday, busy as hell today unfortunately :(

I'd have loved to have made it there Lloyd, but I don't seem to have any breaks when it comes to my comic related social events calendar meh

Struggling to think who'd have mentioned me though... hm

But you were there, Andrew. ???

lol

:censored:

Don't mind him Gav - he was so drunk he didn't even recognise himself in the mirror.

The show wasn't great, even worse than last year, but it was great to meet up with everyone again - especially for the food and drink on the night. Good to see Andy (Goldust 40) drunk and on good form. As good a taste in music as he has in comics.

Many thanks to John for getting me in free today (worship) and the stories he told that can't be repeated on here about the great and good of American dealers.

Birmingham is mess though - kicked out of the pub at 11.30pm doh! It was like Thatcher's Britain all over again.

Great to see everyone at the show, although (obviously) going out for a knees-up was the best part of it. U.K. shows have never held a torch to their U.S. counterparts, regardless of Ewan's rose-tinted memories.

Needless to say it wasn't a show for the serious Gold and Silver Age collector. Thankfully John S. and you guys were around to keep spirits up.

I'd have loved to have made it there Lloyd, but I don't seem to have any breaks when it comes to my comic related social events calendar meh

lol

Don't mind him Gav - he was so drunk he didn't even recognise himself in the mirror.

The show wasn't great, even worse than last year, but it was great to meet up with everyone again - especially for the food and drink on the night. Good to see Andy (Goldust 40) drunk and on good form. As good a taste in music as he has in comics.

Many thanks to John for getting me in free today (worship) and the stories he told that can't be repeated on here about the great and good of American dealers.

Birmingham is mess though - kicked out of the pub at 11.30pm doh! It was like Thatcher's Britain all over again.

Great to see everyone at the show, although (obviously) going out for a knees-up was the best part of it. U.K. shows have never held a torch to their U.S. counterparts, regardless of Ewan's rose-tinted memories.

Needless to say it wasn't a show for the serious Gold and Silver Age collector. Thankfully John S. and you guys were around to keep spirits up.

I thought it was the red wine that was keeping your spirits up, Andy. :whistle:

lol

I thought it was the red wine that was keeping your spirits up, Andy. :whistle:

Never mix wine and spirits. :preach:

Although the red wine didn't do any harm...

I thought you recovered well Andy and you were on top form all night.

Though you may have upset a certain lady :whistle:

Naughty Andy. (tsk)

Naughty Andy. (tsk)

Unless it was you :baiting:

It couldn't have been me and it couldn't have been Gary. :gossip:

Naughty Andy. (tsk)

Unless it was you :baiting:

It couldn't have been me and it couldn't have been Gary. :gossip:

Or it was both of you together hm