• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some interesting #1's this week...

28 posts in this topic

I'll just be getting USM #54 this week since I only buy 4 comics monthly anyway which are: street fighter, dardevil, wolverine and USM.

I want to start getting titles such as batman, gotham central, wanted, hard time,FF, marvel knights 4 etc...

On the milehigh site some comics have "mature" next to them. Is this an age restriction or just another way of saying perental guidence? If it is an age restriction then what age is it?

So far I've found Marvel Knights "4" to be ok... great art.

And it seems to be selling well too... Paradise has sold out of #1 and #2 and I haven't been able to procure any additional copies at our other local stores. I have not as yet read #3, but I am looking forwards to doing so later this afternoon. (We did get some #1's and 2's last night thru an alternate source).

Aside from a couple of members of this forum I have not heard any strong negatives against it... and I've been listening, because we are bringing the artist to town for our next big convention in June.

BUT as chrisco37 said, you should definitely be reading Waid and Wieringo's Fantastic Four.

Kev

Don't waste your money on "4". Just stick to the Waid written title.

McNiven draws a pretty hot Susan Storm confused-smiley-013.gif

You've got a point. I think that the art is definately the highlight of the book. It's a little inconsistent at times though. He draws a great Sue and Ben, but a terrible Cap.

I just don't want to see an overflow of FF titles out there. The regular and the Ultimate are enough, IMO.

Marvel has Iron Fist #1, Avengers/Thunderbolts #1, and She-hulk #1 all coming out this week. Hopefully none are as awful as AlphaFlight was (not sure that is possible).

Anyway, my vote for best of the three is Avengers/Thunderbolts. I really like how Busiek writes a story thumbsup2.gif

Quick comments:

Iron Fist 1 was ok, I'll probably pick up the next couple issues to see if it goes anywhere.

Swamp Thing 1 was very good, looks like this could be a great book.

JLA 94...ugh! Nice art by Byrne but the writing was horrible. Some embarrassingly bad thought baloons.

I'm really loving My Faith In Frankie, if you haven;t checked that out, it's pretty cool. Another book that's been outstanding lately is Green Arrow.

My LCS had no copies left of She-Hulk 1, Avenger/Thunderbolts (not sure I would have bought that anyway) or Cerebus 300. 893frustrated.gif

So far I've had time to read three books:

Avengers/Thunderbolts #1: Story kinda interesting. Everyone in the book is drawn really young. Hawkeye looks like he's 15 years old. I must have missed the issues of TB where Moonstone changes costumes yet again and Zemo also.

Alpha Flight #1: I loved the original team, and loved a lot of the characters. This issue was not all that exciting and needs some major help. Would anyone care to guess which issue Wolverine makes an appearance to boost sales?? The one savage guy talks like Thor way too much.

Captain America/Falcon #1: Loved the art and story. This book so far I would recommend. Especially the way they don't reveal the story too quickly.

my .02. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif