• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics # 15 Action 1 ad

31 posts in this topic

CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!! This book has changed hands a few times in the last few years. Yannis, and Vtcomics, have both owned it. So I will put this up for sale here first to keep it in the "family"

Obviously not a lot of sales data on this book, but there was the Heritage auction, this year, that showed an uncertified fair copy missing the centerfold going for over 1000.00

Here is the link:

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=110042&Lot_No=12174

Mine is blue lable 3.5 crm/ow pages. Notes read small peice of tape on spine, and small peice of tape on 9 pages

Cool Craig Flessel cover but the big draw IMO is the interior front cover ad for Action Comics #1

This book, along with New Adventure 26 and More Fun 31 have the distinction of sporting the first image of Superman, one full month Prior to his debut.

Asking 3300.00 2975.00 shipped and insured here in the states. International shipment will be at cost. :takeit: Rules over PMs

Thanks for looking!

2010-04-261322312.jpg

2010-04-261322442.jpg

mysticAndSuperman011.jpg

I actually owned a different copy, but still a terrific book to own with an image of Superman that was printed well before Action #1 came out!

Goes back to the Hulk 180/181 argument, what exactly constitutes a first appearance? I think since this book is the first time Superman appeared (I believe, although wasn't there some earlier incarnation?), it should say "First appearance of Superman" in OSPG and on the slab. I bet that little designation would help this book a bit...

Lookit that, my 1,000 post...and I've managed to say so little of value in all those words...

That inside cover is so white!!!

That pic of the inside ad is from Detective 15, I am not sure if it is this particuar copy though.

I bought the book allready slabbed. I cant remember which boardie provided this pic originally. :cool:

Goes back to the Hulk 180/181 argument, what exactly constitutes a first appearance? I think since this book is the first time Superman appeared (I believe, although wasn't there some earlier incarnation?), it should say "First appearance of Superman" in OSPG and on the slab. I bet that little designation would help this book a bit...

Lookit that, my 1,000 post...and I've managed to say so little of value in all those words...

That would be Dr Occults first costumed appearance from More Fun 14

He was the prototype for superman, about a year and a half prior to Action 1.

Another classic book to be sure!

imagesCAIECYGV.jpg

That pic of the inside ad is from Detective 15, I am not sure if it is this particuar copy though.

I bought the book allready slabbed. I cant remember which boardie provided this pic originally. :cool:

The pic was from the interior of my copy, not the 3.5....I just showed it in a previous sales thread so that people could see what the advert. looked like.

R.

The pic was from the interior of my copy, not the 3.5....I just showed it in a previous sales thread so that people could see what the advert. looked like.

R.

Yep, that is indeed Roy's interior pic! (thumbs u

R.

Yep, that is indeed Roy's interior pic! (thumbs u

It kind of looks like the pic I took over 2 years ago in my old bedroom before I sent it out to be graded. Would you all believe that this 15 came from outide the U.S.?! (and Im not talking even Canada)