• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BATMAN HELP

12 posts in this topic

I have the following issues of silver age batman comics that I want to sell in the near future.

Batman 100,103-104,106-108,110-137,186,205 and 215

Batman Giant 187

What I am trying to decide is whether to CGC some or all of these books.

I need some idea of the grade they "might" get from CGC and if that would enhance the value enough to make the cost of CGC'ing them worth while.

I am including links to scans of 5 books out of the middle of the range that I have, which I believe are the avg. condition of all the books. Some of the older issues are equal to these or slightly worse and some of the newer issues are equal or slightly better.

So any thoughts you have as to grade and value would help me out tremendously. If you are inclined to I would also like to know why you

graded them a certain way so I can better understand how to grade.

BATMAN 119 FRT

BATMAN 119 BK

BATMAN 120 FRT

BATMAN 120 BK

BATMAN 121 FRT

BATMAN 121 BK

BATMAN 122 FRT

BATMAN 122 BK

BATMAN 123 FRT

BATMAN 123 BK

Thanks

Charlie

My grades:

BATMAN 119 VG/VG+ (4.0/4.5)

BATMAN 120 F (6.0)

BATMAN 121 FVF (7.0)

BATMAN 122 Would have been F+ (6.5) but that spine tear messes it up. frown.gif

Wild guess = VG+ (4.5)

BATMAN 123 VG+/VGF (4.5/5.0)

Charlie:

You need one of these:

Overstreet Grading Guide

With the comics you've got, the Overstreet Grading Guide is a worthwhile investment. Buy it and read it cover to cover.

I have the following issues of silver age batman comics that I want to sell in the near future.

Batman 100,103-104,106-108,110-137,186,205 and 215

Batman Giant 187

What I am trying to decide is whether to CGC some or all of these books.

I need some idea of the grade they "might" get from CGC and if that would enhance the value enough to make the cost of CGC'ing them worth while.

I am including links to scans of 5 books out of the middle of the range that I have, which I believe are the avg. condition of all the books. Some of the older issues are equal to these or slightly worse and some of the newer issues are equal or slightly better.

So any thoughts you have as to grade and value would help me out tremendously. If you are inclined to I would also like to know why you

graded them a certain way so I can better understand how to grade.

BATMAN 119 FRT

BATMAN 119 BK

BATMAN 120 FRT

BATMAN 120 BK

BATMAN 121 FRT

BATMAN 121 BK

BATMAN 122 FRT

BATMAN 122 BK

BATMAN 123 FRT

BATMAN 123 BK

Thanks

Charlie

Charlie:

You need one of these:

Overstreet Grading Guide

With the comics you've got, the Overstreet Grading Guide is a worthwhile investment. Buy it and read it cover to cover.

The new one (2004) comes out next month right? confused.gif

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and suggestions. I greatly appreciate it.

I am still confused about what guidelines you apply when deciding whether or not to submit your comics to CGC. Is it a minimum comic value or a minimum grade?

It is probably a combination of the two.

What's confusing is I have seen stuff sell on EBAY that has a final bid of less than the cost of submission to CGC, which doesn't make any sense to me.

Charlie

I'm a Marvel - Silver-Age guy so I don't know the value of your books off hand.

But I would guess that if the grade of 1965 or older books is a full Fine (6.0) and/or worth at least $150, I would think the $25 economy grading fee (after 20% discount) would be worth it.

My grades:

BATMAN 120 F (6.0)

BATMAN 121 FVF (7.0)

Wild guess = VG+ (4.5)

i looked at the books, did my grading and then looked at your response. i'm within .5 of you on everything except for #123. i can't decide whether those are tears or creases along the right edge. i think they're tears so i went with a 3.0 - 3.5. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My grades:

BATMAN 120 F (6.0)

BATMAN 121 FVF (7.0)

Wild guess = VG+ (4.5)

i looked at the books, did my grading and then looked at your response. i'm within .5 of you on everything except for #123. i can't decide whether those are tears or creases along the right edge. i think they're tears so i went with a 3.0 - 3.5. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just thought they were creases so I was thinking upper VG range.