• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm going to look at a collection today....1200+ long boxes!

103 posts in this topic

Going to go look at a collection today. It's a group of books from a chain of comic stores that went out of business about 12 years ago. The guy also bought collections on the side. He just packed all his books up, and locked the door. I'm interested to see whats there, I'm expecting about 1150 boxes of Image books, but I'm hoping there is at least some material to get excited about. Its going to be a little staggering to see approx. 300,000 books!

I'll post more as I can, and hopefully with pictures!

Going to go look at a collection today. It's a group of books from a chain of comic stores that went out of business about 12 years ago. The guy also bought collections on the side. He just packed all his books up, and locked the door. I'm interested to see whats there, I'm expecting about 1150 boxes of Image books, but I'm hoping there is at least some material to get excited about. Its going to be a little staggering to see approx. 300,000 books!

I'll post more as I can, and hopefully with pictures!

:popcorn:

Well, looked at the collection....

Probably about 500 long boxes of Image, Junk Valiant, Junk indies. The other 500 or so boxes are interesting. There are full shipping cases of Spawn 1, X-Men (Jim Lee) 1, full shorties of X-Men 304, Wolverine 75, X-Men 25, Batman 500. Half Shorties of various X-Mens. There is about 100 untouched copies of X-Force 2. This would be amazing for quarter bins, and has some great dollar and two dollar books.

There is about 10 longs of detective and batman, with numbers going back into the 1980's. Nothing great, but decent show dumping stuff. For the right price this would be a fun collection to move.

I'm going to make a return visit to check on some other books, do some organizing, and more looking ( i briefly looked through about 10% of the boxes).

Probably about 500 long boxes of Image, Junk Valiant, Junk indies. The other 500 or so boxes are interesting. There are full shipping cases of Spawn 1, X-Men (Jim Lee) 1, full shorties of X-Men 304, Wolverine 75, X-Men 25, Batman 500. Half Shorties of various X-Mens. There is about 100 untouched copies of X-Force 2. This would be amazing for quarter bins, and has some great dollar and two dollar books.

There is about 10 longs of detective and batman, with numbers going back into the 1980's. Nothing great, but decent show dumping stuff. For the right price this would be a fun collection to move.

I'm going to make a return visit to check on some other books, do some organizing, and more looking ( i briefly looked through about 10% of the boxes).

Copper and Modern collectors should start up a fund to acquire inventory like this and then burn the books.

Also a mixed bag of DC's and marvels. About 200+ issue run of thor, a couple thousand mixed issues of Green Lantern (nothing old), couple of longs of justice league, and other random books. Quite a bit of lower grade silver and early bronze. Saw some stripped silver age (Amazing Spidey 21 VF, but stripped), coverless silver age.

Copper and Modern collectors should start up a fund to acquire inventory like this and then burn the books.

the publishers should have done that before they were released

well, this is my thought.....

instead of transporting all the books, I think I am going to contact a recycling center that actually gives a dollar amount per 100 lbs of newsprint. I think the last time I checked it was like $1.50 per 100lbs. And if they will deliver a dumpster, those will get recycled for about 1.5 cents a pound. There are seriously unopened cases of hard c.o.r.p.s......really??? So yes, some of those will be out of the collecting community. A while back when I bought another collection, I burned all the image that was in it, and with all those stupid chrome covers and other , they wouldn't burn!!!! What does that tell you.

More to come.

instead of transporting all the books, I think I am going to contact a recycling center that actually gives a dollar amount per 100 lbs of newsprint. I think the last time I checked it was like $1.50 per 100lbs. And if they will deliver a dumpster, those will get recycled for about 1.5 cents a pound. There are seriously unopened cases of hard c.o.r.p.s......really??? So yes, some of those will be out of the collecting community. A while back when I bought another collection, I burned all the image that was in it, and with all those stupid chrome covers and other , they wouldn't burn!!!! What does that tell you.

More to come.

Recycling is better than burning! (thumbs u

More to come.

Good. Burn them. Worthless drek.

You could burn 99% of some of those print runs, and still be awash in copies.