• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #48-50.....

28 posts in this topic

The Galactus Trilogy is reprinted in a Marvel Treasury Edition as well. Great to see those big pages!

My vote for Classic Kirby FF run goes from 39 to 67, but you need to read every Kirby Fantastic Four. You might not need to own them, but you need to read them.

The 48 to 50 story is the entire reason I started to enjoy Fantastic Four in the first place. The first issue of FF I tried was the one below in the mid-1980s, and after reading that one, I went looking for the origin story for Galactus and found the 48 to 50 story reprinted somewhere, I forget where, probably the Treasury Edition. Loved it and kept buying the title, although I didn't start collecting back issues until around 2001.

243-1.jpg

Hi everyone, :hi:

I have never had the chance to read Fantastic Four #48-50. My question is are they a good read? Does anyone know if they are available online to read for free? Also, what other issues or series have good reading featuring Silver Surfer and/or Galactus? I have been a Marvel fan for years but really don't know much of the back stories on either character. Are these issues reprinted anywhere other then Essentials or Masterworks? Thanks for the input guys, I have been debating cracking open my FF #48 9.4 but I don't have a #49 or #50 to continue the story and really would hate to damage my #48!

don't crack the 9.4 #48 to read! Buy a low grade for $40 to enjoy in hand! :)

I have never had the chance to read Fantastic Four #48-50. My question is are they a good read? Does anyone know if they are available online to read for free? Also, what other issues or series have good reading featuring Silver Surfer and/or Galactus? I have been a Marvel fan for years but really don't know much of the back stories on either character. Are these issues reprinted anywhere other then Essentials or Masterworks? Thanks for the input guys, I have been debating cracking open my FF #48 9.4 but I don't have a #49 or #50 to continue the story and really would hate to damage my #48!

Per the GCD: http://www.comics.org/issue/19911/

Reprinted:

•in Marvel's Greatest Comics (Marvel, 1969 series) #35

•in Marvel Treasury Edition (Marvel, 1974 series) #2 [edited]

•in Fantastic Four, The (Simon and Schuster, 1979 series) #nn

•in Marvel Masterworks (Marvel, 1987 series) #25

•in Silver Surfer: The Coming of Galactus (Marvel, 1992 series) #nn

•in Wizard Ace Edition: Fantastic Four (Marvel / Wizard, 2002 series) #48

•in Marvel Masterworks: The Fantastic Four (Marvel, 2003 series) #5

•in Fantastic Four Omnibus (Marvel, 2005 series) #2

don't crack the 9.4 #48 to read! Buy a low grade for $40 to enjoy in hand! :)

+1

Don't crack a 9.4 to read. You could damage it

The 48 to 50 story is the entire reason I started to enjoy Fantastic Four in the first place. The first issue of FF I tried was the one below in the mid-1980s, and after reading that one, I went looking for the origin story for Galactus and found the 48 to 50 story reprinted somewhere, I forget where, probably the Treasury Edition. Loved it and kept buying the title, although I didn't start collecting back issues until around 2001.

243-1.jpg

You started reading FF at a great time, that FF #243 storyline was very memorable, as were a lot of the Byrne stories shortly thereafter.

If they stay on schedule, the tpb reprints of the masterworks (with the excellent art reproduction done for the masterworks) should get through issue 71 of Fantastic Four by October of next year. Looks like they go through issue 40 in paperback at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Four-Vol-Marvel-Masterworks/dp/0785145664/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1288904854&sr=8-2-fkmr1

Good stuff.