• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ouch, your breakin my spine dude!

17 posts in this topic

I like where he says, He does not know how to grade comic books,but he knows how to grade a book, so why oh why does he bend the spine back!!! 893frustrated.gif : Way to go Bozo!!!! boo.gif

Remember kids, only superman can fly, and only superman is indestructible! Treat your Golden Age comics well, and they'll reward you down the road... 893frustrated.gif

I'm guessing that half the spine creases may have been caused during the scanning process... or worse, the exterior scans were taken before the "spine scan," in which case, who knows how many more creases may be extant now?

I wonder if he (as a seller of books) treats his first editions the same way?

I'm always attracted to the abused dogs. frown.gif

Come on, this IS a public forum. 893whatthe.gif

Classic example of taking a quote out of context! tonofbricks.gif

27_laughing.gif

All is fair......I do it to him all the time. devil.gif

This is a pet peeve of mine...I've posted several times when a seller does this to a book....Gawd...they know not what they do... foreheadslap.gif

As a part times seller on ebay, I always scan with the comic in the bag. If I have a NM book, I don't want to risk further damage with scanning a comic book, because it might not sell and I would still own it. Is it a selling point to see the back of the comic? Granted, if someone advertises a NM but there is a huge fold on the back I would be upset, but seeing a scan of the back cover or even the insides have not persuaded me to buy. If anything, it turns me off because of all the handling required to get those shots.