• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who has actually SEEN the Mile High Action #1?

30 posts in this topic

To quote myself (in regards to grade)

Fischler, certainly someone in position to know, says that the book would be an Unrestored 9.2 (on CGC's ten point scale) if it were in a CGC holder. Steve Borock, former grand poo-bah at CGC, says it would be a 9.4. Until we see a photo or a high resolution scan, or CGC gets their hands on it down in Sarasota, that estimation is as good as we're going to get.

Fischler, certainly someone in position to know, says that the book would be an Unrestored 9.2 (on CGC's ten point scale) if it were in a CGC holder. Steve Borock, former grand poo-bah at CGC, says it would be a 9.4. Until we see a photo or a high resolution scan, or CGC gets their hands on it down in Sarasota, that estimation is as good as we're going to get.

Every time I've heard Steve mention the book in person, he has said that he has seen it and if it were graded by CGC, would grade somewhere between 9.0 and 9.6. I've heard him say this at least three times. I'm a little surprised that he would commit to a specific grade without having "officially" graded the book.

Every time I've heard Steve mention the book in person, he has said that he has seen it and if it were graded by CGC, would grade somewhere between 9.0 and 9.6. I've heard him say this at least three times. I'm a little surprised that he would commit to a specific grade without having "officially" graded the book.

he actually posted that tidbit right here on the boards some time back (now, I will take rob's word he typed 9.2, I honestly don't remember which one, but I remember there was "a" 9.x)..so surprised or not, he put in out there (thumbs u

I've got it sourced somewhere (across three email archives, or on the boards somewhere. eek)

Can't find a definitive statement from Steve Borock. Just nonspecific statements like "it blows the 8.5 away!". He also says that it has white pages, and the name "Church" written very small in pencil on the front cover. He adds that very few Mile Highs have Church written on the cover.

I distinctly remember Borock said 9.4 and Fishler said 9.2 in a thread a few years ago.

I remember that as well, but taking pressing/cleaning into consideration, him subsequently giving a range makes sense and seems more prudent.

Can't find a definitive statement from Steve Borock. Just nonspecific statements like "it blows the 8.5 away!". He also says that it has white pages, and the name "Church" written very small in pencil on the front cover. He adds that very few Mile Highs have Church written on the cover.

I spoke to Steve Borock about it a while back and he told me he thought it was an unrestored 9.4.