• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice needed relating to Star Wars and other action figures

46 posts in this topic

Do what Gator said and do the old tax write off thing, or, invest the time and money (like I do), and sell them for $5 a pop at local toy shows. People really don't have a problem at $5, but with ebay there's shipping involved, so most figures sell for a max of $1-2.

The thing about these is you were buying them because you liked Star Wars. I did it, alot of my friends did it and ya, we're all sitting on boxes and boxes of this stuff. I worked at Walmart in 98-99 when they blew this stuff out and bought tonnes of it for $3-5 per vehicle/3-pack/playset and I still have most of it and will probably never get my money back. But I bought them because I liked them, just like buying modern comics--I really don't expect my investment back. If you can look at it like going to a movie or buying a magazine, then what's the harm?

Jay

Well correct me if Im wrong but there seems to be a strong market for the 12" or 1/6 scale war action figures. They seem to be tailored to collectors and often command a high intial price and are on limited runs and retire figures quite often. Companies like Dragon Toys BBO etc....

i remember when you would see people show up at toys r us knowing wen the trucks would arrive haha. the only figures i will never sell are my bat TAS, my universal monsters ones and my tick ones. i probably have about 1000 figures in the attic, meh, they were cool at the time

Well correct me if Im wrong but there seems to be a strong market for the 12" or 1/6 scale war action figures. They seem to be tailored to collectors and often command a high intial price and are on limited runs and retire figures quite often. Companies like Dragon Toys BBO etc....
the hasbro 12" are "dead" price wise...

the limited edition SS and Medicom and maybe even some Dragon are ok, as far as you can typically get your cost + out of them if they sell out and you have them really just a supply and demand issue...they are keeping supply very light, to keep demand/price up ...so more "manufactured" (thumbs u

i remember when you would see people show up at toys r us knowing wen the trucks would arrive haha. the only figures i will never sell are my bat TAS, my universal monsters ones and my tick ones. i probably have about 1000 figures in the attic, meh, they were cool at the time
if they are in an attic, the bubbles are likely yellowing and becoming fragile...you might want to check on them hm