• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superhero Height List - Just How Tall Are They?

51 posts in this topic

Power Girl?

38 DD

To paraphrase Senator Lloyd Bentsen...

Seanfingh, I live with 38DDs. I know 38DDs, 38DDs are a friend of mine. Seanfingh, those are no 38DDs.

I found it surprising when I learned that Wolverine was only 5'3". There was a character profile printed in an X-Men TPB from the 90's that stated his height, weight etc.

I'd say he weighs around 280 pounds with the adamantium, and he's fairly well built.

Stan Lee was interviewed on National Public Radio today, and one of the items that bothers him the most about the two recent Hulk movies was the height of the character.

I guess in the comics, Stan always wanted the Hulk around 7' tall. In the movies, he exceeds this height easily.

They'll be posting the interview tonight. I didn't catch all the details why this bothered him so much - but I'll find out soon enough.

It bothered me immediately, so I'm sure I know why it bothered him. At 7' tall he's still within the norm of human height and it's just a relatively slight increase from his normal size, but in the first movie, he exceeded ten feet in height, and in the second, it was still too big, around 8 or 9 feet. What I'm sure particularly perturbed him was that someone on the LucasFilm effects team admitted after the first film that they incorrectly assumed that he was over ten feet tall in the comics, which implies they forgot to check it. :blush:

Stan's character aesthetic has always been to use slight scientific exaggeration to keep superpowers as close to normality as he could to keep your suspension of disbelief at a minimum. He's always said he hated Storm as a character because what kind of mutation could actually make you control the weather? (shrug) She's more of a fantasy character akin to a god like Thor than a mutant in the sense that he created the X-Men. It's hard enough to imagine how someone could actually increase in weight and height like the Hulk already does in the comics, so stretching that to making him even more incredibly massive in the films just stretches the suspension of disbelief even further. I'm sure that's his issue.

Maybe in the future extreme height won't require as much of a suspension of disbelief as genetic engineering gets better and better. Supposedly Yao Ming at 7' 5" was a lucky result of Chinese genetic control for their Olympic sports program in that they arranged for his parents to marry each other just because they were both tall at 6' 8" (dad) and 6' 4" (mom). Robert Wadlow was 8' 11", 490 pounds, and still growing when he died. It was due to a birth defect, but it isn't a complete stretch to call that a "mutation."

Hulk?

I'd be really interested to ask the height of some of the cosmic beings.

I remember reading about writing and plausibility once (I think it was R. Heinlein on SF), and how there was a limit to size of beings due to physics, etc...

Presents some interesting questions, even though suspension of disbelief is prevalent.

He varies greatly but his official "Green" height is 7'6"

Gray is 6'6"

Savage is 8''0"

I always thought he was 7' and weighed in at half a ton. If you read the intro on the splash pages (I think issues 195-201) he is described as such.

Hulk

Height

5' 9½" (Banner); 6'6" (gray Hulk); 7' – 8' (green/savage Hulk); 7'6" (green/Professor Hulk)

Weight

128 lbs. (Banner); 900 lbs. (gray Hulk); 1,040 – 1,400 lbs. (green/savage Hulk); 1,150 lbs. (green/Professor Hulk)

Eyes

Brown (Banner); Gray (gray Hulk); Green (green/savage Hulk); Green (green/Professor Hulk)

Hair

Brown (Banner); Black (gray Hulk); Green (green/savage Hulk); Green (green/Professor Hulk)