• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever seen a ghost?

187 posts in this topic

No. No one has actually seen ghosts. They don't exist. Just wanted to add my annual standard response. I'll now depart so the kooks can talk amongst themselves.

My neighbor sees ghosts every time she goes to Gettysburg. When she takes pictures at night she sees "orbs," but for some strange reason she always sees more when it rains.

Ever heard of rain drops + a flash? She is a little crazy :insane:

Ghosts or not, that hotel is one beautiful place.

It is a fantastic vacation area, and Estes Park has some gorgeous sites. But watch out for the elk herds. They come right into town and run down the streets and into yards.

A resident was trampled the first day we arrived because she was rushing out of her house early in the morning when it is dark, and ran right into a herd sitting in her driveway.

105430.jpg.a6188341c31922ece024a48b9e224f6e.jpg

you all are silly, everyone knows there are no such things as ghosts...

I'm just retelling the story as it happened. Like I said, I personally didn't see anything (even though I tried) and I have no explanation for how it all went down, but you have to admit that it's a freaky story.

Lou still has trouble talking about it, it was so disturbing.

nothing personal roy, but I didn't even read your post (sorry) :foryou: ...just made a "generic" truism lol

doh!

the post is too long and too small to read via my small phone screen... I said it was nothing personal :baiting:

No. No one has actually seen ghosts. They don't exist. Just wanted to add my annual standard response. I'll now depart so the kooks can talk amongst themselves.
(thumbs u

My wife's aunt used to see a little man out of the corner of her eye while doing the dishes in the kitchen. She chalked it up to a wild imagination, and after a while, he stopped showing up. She had never mentioned it to anyone, but a few years later, her 4-year-old asked her why the little man doesn't come to the kitchen anymore.

r1970d

Great tale. I love stories like these and hopefully there will be more posted. Never seen one myself although I recently visited Tutbury Castle and was constantly seeing movement on the periphery of my vision whist in the room where Mary Queen of Scots was held prisoner.

The guide explained it was a common phenomena with several people reporting such sightings each day. I'm nigh on certain it was just natural light reflecting on the lens of my glasses.

I'm in the camp that would love to believe but think that there are others too eager to jump to a supernatural reason for what they see with looking for a logical answer.

All I can say is I'm NOT a disbeliever and would love for the opportunity to have something happen to me (How long before this hits the out of context thread???)

Forget the nay-sayers in this thread and lets have more tales for Halloween.

Never seen one, but I've been going to the Stanley for a looooooong time (Easter Brunch) and that place is just creepy...regardless of the GAC tool shed investigation findings there recently lol

You have to watch out for the Holy Ghosts on Easter ;)

Never seen one, but I've been going to the Stanley for a looooooong time (Easter Brunch) and that place is just creepy...regardless of the GAC tool shed investigation findings there recently lol

Love that area! I forget the name of this church, but it is right around Estes, nestled in the most gorgeous forest area.

105431.jpg.4335be3a86cff915d101d0e893252c04.jpg

There is no such thing as "ghosts", that is, the spirits of departed humans, roaming around.

Not to say there's not a spiritual world. There is.

But no, no ghosts wandering around.

I was more or less in agreement with you until the story above happened.

Now, because I have no explanation for a bunch of different people corroborating the same story I'm not so sure...

I like to keep an open mind.

Never seen anything unusual that I couldn't explain away. However, It would depress me if I knew without a shadow of a doubt that nothing "magical" existed in the world. I need that sense of wonder still as I grow older. I need my imagination to remain intact.