• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Writing on a book

9 posts in this topic

I have this nice copy of Giant Size X-Men #1. There are a couple of very minor flaws on the front, nothing to major. Spine is tight, no creases, pages are white. The only major problem with the book is writing on the back of it. Just a couple of words and some numbers at the top written in ink. Before I send it out to get slabbed, what deducation should I expect for the writing?

Take a picture and show us. Small bits of writing on an otherwise NM book don't get downgraded all that much, depending on what the writing is and how much of it there is on the book. The fact that it's on the back cover helps, too.

I have this nice copy of Giant Size X-Men #1. There are a couple of very minor flaws on the front, nothing to major. Spine is tight, no creases, pages are white. The only major problem with the book is writing on the back of it. Just a couple of words and some numbers at the top written in ink. Before I send it out to get slabbed, what deducation should I expect for the writing?

I still have to get a scanner... makepoint.gif But basically it is all located on the top of the back cover... just a couple of words (looks almost like a comic list) with a couple of numbers (maybe indicating issue numbers).

Borrow a digital camera. confused-smiley-013.gif It's impossible to say what a defect will get downgraded without seeing it.

I still have to get a scanner... makepoint.gif But basically it is all located on the top of the back cover... just a couple of words (looks almost like a comic list) with a couple of numbers (maybe indicating issue numbers).

How does an image posted from a digital camera on these boards compare to an image taken from a scanner?

How does an image posted from a digital camera on these boards compare to an image taken from a scanner?

Better than nothing... smile.gif

true... tonofbricks.gif

Here's an example of two pics taken with digital camera. Just make sure you get the focus and lighting right. Don't get too close to the book with the camera. Keep the camera at least two feet away and zoom in if you have to.

sgt50full.jpg

dd200ulc.jpg

not to bad..thanks!