• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Men

6 posts in this topic

I have just recently picked up this series run (#0 - #30), partly because of the Hellboy phenomenon, but mainly because I love Byrnes art work. The only disappointment is that it ended. Anyone know if Byrne picked up the story line again or if he plans to? confused.gif

Check your Overstreet Price Guide for more info!! I don't have my comics near me right now,but he did at least 2 small series after the Next Men run I think!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Good reads BTW!!! Oh! and WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!! hi.gif

Thanks for the welcome and the info! Im new to these boards but I have read many of the posts, a lot of great info here! thumbsup2.gif

I have just recently picked up this series run (#0 - #30), partly because of the Hellboy phenomenon, but mainly because I love Byrnes art work. The only disappointment is that it ended. Anyone know if Byrne picked up the story line again or if he plans to? confused.gif

At the time he ended it, he had planned to pick it up again, as he had the series plotted well in advance of the last issue printed. But the market for independants had tanked, and he was waiting for a time when it picked up again. As far as I know, he has not picked up the series again, nor do I know if he ever plans to do so at this point. He does paricipate on an internet message board, so you could ask him. John Byrne forum

-- Joanna

Thanks for the link Joanna!! thumbsup2.gif

At the time he ended it, he had planned to pick it up again, as he had the series plotted well in advance of the last issue printed. But the market for independants had tanked, and he was waiting for a time when it picked up again. As far as I know, he has not picked up the series again, nor do I know if he ever plans to do so at this point.

Which would be a shame. IMO Next Men was the best thing Byrne has done since leaving Fantastic Four. Though I have to admit I really enjoyed X-Men The Hidden Years....

Jim