• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Fist #1 *******Spoilers********

19 posts in this topic

I give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars. Great story telling. Manga-like art really isn't my thing, but I can live with it. What is with the marks under Misty's eyes? Is that just part of the manga style or is it something else?

I was also all hyped about this series, since its first incarnation is one of my favorite bronze age runs...

Wasnt real satisfied at all. Can anyone tell me what the point is in running around fighting bad guys in your outfit and mask all day only to take your mask off and leave your outfit on when having a cup of coffee???

Or better yet, how about having your female friend right in the middle of a scuffle with guys toting guns and then trying to carry on a conversation with you?

Not a very well thought out story at all, and frankly, I could do without the japanimation style artwork. I'd rather read Teen Titans GO if I needed some manga art in my comics. And to think I bought 2 of them to get one slabbed !

foreheadslap.gif

Can anyone tell me what the point is in running around fighting bad guys in your outfit and mask all day only to take your mask off and leave your outfit on when having a cup of coffee???

Didn't really give that a thought, but now that you mention it that is a very good point. I think he is giving up his green and yellow costume and just gonna wear leather like the X-men are doing now or just normal clothes like Cage is doing.

I honestly didn't think it sucked. It could be because anything I read after Alpha Flight #1 seems awesome by comparison.

Can anyone tell me what the point is in running around fighting bad guys in your outfit and mask all day only to take your mask off and leave your outfit on when having a cup of coffee???

Same reason Captain America wears his costume when people know what he looks like without mask.. Its comfortable

Not only was IF #1 underwhelming, frown.gif but the coupon, or whatever the heck that thing is, in the middle of the issue was placed incorrectly. foreheadslap.gif893frustrated.gif It's hanging on by only one staple. I guess "hanging on by only one staple" describes this series current status or will they be able to squeeze out 12 issues? 893frustrated.gif Guess my chance at a 10.0 with this one is gone. wink.gif

Must remember, must remember. Flip through the book fully before buying. foreheadslap.gif

I just read it last night and thought it was ok. Nothing special, just run of the mill ok. I'll pick up a few more issues in the months to come and if it doesn't get better, I'll probably drop it.

I flipped thru it and thought it stunk. frown.gif