• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

She-Hulk #1 ******Spoilers******

11 posts in this topic

This is definitely the best out of Marvel's recent #1 offerings of Alpha Flight, Iron Fist, and now She-Hulk. I give it 4 of 5 stars. Loved the writing and the art was good. The last part of the story where She-Hulk is drinking with Blizzard is hilarious. Nothing like a 7' party girl slut. I felt bad for Jarvis having to clean up after her.

This is definitely the best out of Marvel's recent #1 offerings of Alpha Flight, Iron Fist, and now She-Hulk.

To be honest, I sort of liked Captain America and the Falcon #1 more (which you forgot to mention, and I have not had a chance to read Avengers/Thunderbolts #1, which is technically a mini-series).

She-Hulk #1 was a fun spin on the character. The art style is definitely Strangers in Paradise-like, and the writing reminds me of Sex and the City meets Ally McBeal...(if Ally McBeal were to regularly morph into a 7 foot tall green Samantha Jones).

Kev

This is definitely the best out of Marvel's recent #1 offerings of Alpha Flight, Iron Fist, and now She-Hulk. I give it 4 of 5 stars. Loved the writing and the art was good. The last part of the story where She-Hulk is drinking with Blizzard is hilarious. Nothing like a 7' party girl slut. I felt bad for Jarvis having to clean up after her.

She-Hulk just knocked a piece off with the Juggernaut in Uncanny X. Sounds like she's getting around. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

She-Hulk just knocked a piece off with the Juggernaut in Uncanny X. Sounds like she's getting around. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Does that qualify as an interacial relationship?

This is definitely the best out of Marvel's recent #1 offerings of Alpha Flight, Iron Fist, and now She-Hulk.

To be honest, I sort of liked Captain America and the Falcon #1 more (which you forgot to mention, and I have not had a chance to read Avengers/Thunderbolts #1, which is technically a mini-series).

She-Hulk #1 was a fun spin on the character. The art style is definitely Strangers in Paradise-like, and the writing reminds me of Sex and the City meets Ally McBeal...(if Ally McBeal were to regularly morph into a 7 foot tall green Samantha Jones).

Kev

CA/Falcon didn't suck. Read Avengers/Thunderbolts #1 last night and thought it was pretty good and would probably give it the nod over the new She-Hulk. I never read Strangers in Paradise so I will take your word for it. Your Ally McBeal to Samantha Jones analogy is perfect. BTW am I the only one that remembers a Benny Hill episode where a BH character was messing with this girl on the street and she turns into a green She-Hulk character? This would have been about 20 years ago when I was a youngster.

Definitely not a girl to bring home to Mom. She is strictly a piece to be used as a booty-call. thumbsup2.gif Sort of like the arrangement Jerry Sienfeld and Elaine had at one time.

Just picked up the issue.

Was freaking hilarious!

Definetly gonna add it to my pull list for a while!!!

I like her too. She's been underutilized or used poorly for a long time. It would be good to see her in a book that is well written. I picked up a copy of #1 today and am looking forward to it after reading all of the positive reviews here.

I enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for She-Hulk and this was my kind of She-Hulk.

Wow... who would have thought I would have guessed correctly on both Swamp Thing 1 and She-Hulk 1 ???tongue.gif

I honestly thought I was gonna lose some cred after I gave She-Hulk the thumbsup2.gif in that other thread. Maybe I know my audience better than I thought. smile.gif

I laughed out loud twice when reading the book... the first time when Mika says "She say to say"I'm HYDRA Agent"" ... and again at the end...

There's a pretty good interview with Dan Slott (the writer of She-Hulk) HERE .

He even mentions in the interview that he pitched the original concept as "Single Green Female Lawyer. When I pitched this book to editor Tom Brevoort, I used the high-concept pitch of "ALLY McBEAL with muscles" or "THE PRACTICE meets ASTRO CITY". There's going to be Marvel-style slugfests, romantic soap opera, comedy, and quirky superhuman court cases. Juggling all of that is going to make this one funky title and a unique read in anybody's stack."

So the Ally McBeal reference isn't far off...

Dan is better known for writing lots and lots of Looney Tunes cartoons, but he DID do the Arkham Asylum Living Hell series, so this isn't exactly his first comic book...

The best thing about this book for me? It's different from the other stuff on the rack. If the first couple issues keep up this feel, I don't feel bad at all about putting it in the hands of my SIP readership. And it makes a good crossover book to sell to other indy fans, especially female ones. It's the kind of book that tends to have fiercely loyal readership, and I would rather have fifteen people who are loyal readers than 25 who pick it up if they feel like it...

We'll see if they can keep it up. thumbsup2.gif