• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Tec 27 cgc 7.0 universal

171 posts in this topic

I always have liked to scroll through heritage auction archives. Its a great ressource. But:

Why is there no "make-offer-to-owner" options available on the Tec27's ?

A part from "extreme copies" (the million$$$-copy + a NG coverless) there is only *one* Tec27 book available for offers :o

Does this mean (i) that these Tec-copies auctioned by Heritages are moved afterwards in private sales and are thus no longer available from the original Heritage taker? or (ii) that these Tec-owners are just not interested in selling for the time being?

Comparably there seem to be quite a lot more action1 books availiable via the "make-offer-to-owner" on the Heritage website ...

Probably just a coincidence ...

I always have liked to scroll through heritage auction archives. Its a great ressource. But:

Why is there no "make-offer-to-owner" options available on the Tec27's ?

A part from "extreme copies" (the million$$$-copy + a NG coverless) there is only *one* Tec27 book available for offers :o

Does this mean (i) that these Tec-copies auctioned by Heritages are moved afterwards in private sales and are thus no longer available from the original Heritage taker? or (ii) that these Tec-owners are just not interested in selling for the time being?

Comparably there seem to be quite a lot more action1 books availiable via the "make-offer-to-owner" on the Heritage website ...

Probably just a coincidence ...

my guess is that if there is no "make an offer" then the owner/buyer of the book is not interested in selling... I believe the owner of a book has to change that option in their profile, so if they remove it, could be they want the book for their collection

the action 1's have been available for some time, but at rediculously high prices, so no realistic way they are selling, so serves the same purpose as keeping in their collection, but at least "putting it out there" that at some price, they will sell (thumbs u

Drumroll ....

The court copy: *90K with 12 days to go*

It might have legs for something great .... :acclaim:

Last time as I remember it was offered with a 150K reserve. No takers then.

I feel this book will do well. I wild play the tough guy and say 120K. IMHO it will definitely crack 100K

Imagine a plod cracking the 100K mark. How many would have believed that just a couple of years ago??

Even the stellar (S) cleaned Denver Bats1 wasnt even near that magic threshold ...

Drumroll ....

The court copy: *90K with 12 days to go*

It might have legs for something great .... :acclaim:

Last time as I remember it was offered with a 150K reserve. No takers then.

I feel this book will do well. I wild play the tough guy and say 120K. IMHO it will definitely crack 100K

Imagine a plod cracking the 100K mark. How many would have believed that just a couple of years ago??

Even the stellar (S) cleaned Denver Bats1 wasnt even near that magic threshold ...

the denver bats1 was and is not in the same league, so it was lucky to get 60K

there have been several plods clearing 100K already (two action 1's and one slight plod tec 27)...

I was high bidder last time at 90K/107550 when it jumped to the pre reserve bid...

that is all bidders considered last time, hope the same this time (given I am high bidder :wishluck: )

So multiple plods have cracked 100K

Can any of you remember the "I-try-not-to-own-any" attitude towards restored books that ruled the nest around 2004 (and before)?

Well I do. Now top copies crack 100K. If I try not to own any of these its caused by financial 'background factors' ... :cry:

zzz

deep sleep

well then - bidders seem to be satisfied with this book sitting at 390K

While we wait: can someone answer this:

when did Batman go from the soft, black spandex suit (Neal Adams) to the dark-grey ceramic teflon armour (Chris Nolan) ??

when did Batman go from the soft, black spandex suit (Neal Adams) to the dark-grey ceramic teflon armour (Chris Nolan) ??

Tim Burton's movie was the first to use the rubber suit; that was because Michael Keaton was too skinny to play Batman, and the costume padded him out. When Nolan took on the movies, one stipulation from Warner Brothers was that he keep the body armor style suit, which Nolan tweaked to make it more "realistic". I really don't remember seeing the armor in the comics, except for the adaptations of the movies.