• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Tec 27 cgc 7.0 universal

171 posts in this topic

Yeah - sure looks like a serious steal right now. But will it jumP?

When a moderate tec27 plod 7.0 was last autioned people also expected "a jump" to happen at the finish line. But it never came. And the book just sat its time out flat and sold for a friggin wholesale price (50K +change).

If I was in this elderly consignors shoes - (selling the 7.0 blue on Heritage) i'd be :censored: right now ....

Are you the consignor's son or nephew or something? Or do you have a 7.0 copy of your own that you're planning on selling soon? If not, you seem to be seriously stressing about something that won't affect you in any way.

Anyways, PLOD 7.0 Tec 27 vs. Blue label 7.0 Tec 27. Totally apples to elephants comparison. I wouldn't draw any conclusions from the PLOD auction.

If I were the "the nephew" I'd persuade the old man to keep the book (for me to inherit it) lol

And no : unfortunately I have got no blue Tec 27 cgc 7.0 lol

Have many of these around? ... 2 ? (shrug)

When a moderate tec27 plod 7.0 was last autioned people also expected "a jump" to happen at the finish line. But it never came. And the book just sat its time out flat and sold for a friggin wholesale price (50K +change).

If I was in this elderly consignors shoes - (selling the 7.0 blue on Heritage) i'd be :censored: right now ....

Are you the consignor's son or nephew or something? Or do you have a 7.0 copy of your own that you're planning on selling soon? If not, you seem to be seriously stressing about something that won't affect you in any way.

Anyways, PLOD 7.0 Tec 27 vs. Blue label 7.0 Tec 27. Totally apples to elephants comparison. I wouldn't draw any conclusions from the PLOD auction.

If I were the "the nephew" I'd persuade the old man to keep the book (for me to inherit it) lol

I've got 6 in my attic waiting to be graded.....

As I always say with any key book auction the price will be determined by who is available at that particular point in time to buy it.

At this price level you can't really determine the final auction price by reference to past sales as we don't really know the number of buyers who must buy it now for fear of another not turning up.

Generally I think of Actions #1s being at $100k a point and Tec #27s at $80k a point.

Due to Heritage's bidding suystem this would equate to a bidding range of $475k (568k) to $500k ($598k)

I've got 6 in my attic waiting to be graded.....

As I always say with any key book auction the price will be determined by who is available at that particular point in time to buy it.

At this price level you can't really determine the final auction price by reference to past sales as we don't really know the number of buyers who must buy it now for fear of another not turning up.

Generally I think of Actions #1s being at $100k a point and Tec #27s at $80k a point.

Due to Heritage's bidding suystem this would equate to a bidding range of $475k (568k) to $500k ($598k)

550-600K is very likely to happen in the live event (thumbs u

But as you say: at this extreme level (blue 7.0) "everything" is marred by deep unpredictability

But thats also why we get a thrill from following a stellar book like this ... :banana:

Since I don't count the BP, ....shame is it's not moving... sigh.. Nice book too.
how can you not count BP, it is part of the price paid (shrug)

I agree it's part of the price paid, just not the value of the book per se'. The BP is an added fee, certainly should not be factored otherwise.

Also, looking at the book closer, rolled spine top right corner and spine creasing on the left side. 7.0 ?

Graciously.

I reduce my guesstimate to 600 or less.

Since I don't count the BP, ....shame is it's not moving... sigh.. Nice book too.

I agree it's part of the price paid, just not the value of the book per se'. The BP is an added fee, certainly should not be factored otherwise.

Also, looking at the book closer, rolled spine top right corner and spine creasing on the left side. 7.0 ?

Graciously.

so, just need to get this straight...

if the buyer is willing to "value" the book at 600 K (ie 600k is all he can spend), and heritage is offering it, how much will he bid (shrug)

Graciously.

if the buyer is willing to "value" the book at 600 K (ie 600k is all he can spend), and heritage is offering it, how much will he bid (shrug)

Gator.. you're fun. But, that makes no sense. If the buyer "has" to pay what the book is offered at including the BP, then that is the buying price. BP should not factor into the cost of the book, when intrinsic values are elated. The outside world in my opinion doesn't really think about the BP until it's shown. Should it factor into price guide prices? My Cheerios are soggy now.

BP should not factor into the cost of the book, when intrinsic values are elated.

I'd love to be in a position someday when paying what amounts to a $100k "transaction fee" is no big deal.

Just wait 'till helicopter Ben is done.

:baiting:

BP should not factor into the cost of the book, when intrinsic values are elated.

I'd love to be in a position someday when paying what amounts to a $100k "transaction fee" is no big deal.

Just wait 'till helicopter Ben is done.

:baiting:

I'll be an endentured servant to a nice Chinese family by then.

Graciously.

Gator.. you're fun. But, that makes no sense. If the buyer "has" to pay what the book is offered at including the BP, then that is the buying price. BP should not factor into the cost of the book, when intrinsic values are elated. The outside world in my opinion doesn't really think about the BP until it's shown. Should it factor into price guide prices? My Cheerios are soggy now.

this is, of course, totally in good spirited, positive debate, I think you know that...

but my goodness, that is definitely a minority position you are taking, and quite flawed I believe...

the outside world doesn't give a rats behind about BP on comic books, they only care what someone pays for a book, if they care at all... when Heritage reported the sale of the tec 27 cgc 8.0, they didn't report it as 825K (or whatever the bid amount was)... the reported it as 1 million dollars...that is the "intrinsic value"... that is the " realized" price...which is value...

no one says, I value this book at 100K, so i am going to pay 119,500...they value the book at what they pay...pure and simple... so all bidders factor in the BP as part of the price/value of the book...

and absolutely price guides, gpa, historic sales records, etc, ALL consider the Bp as part of the price paid for the book (value, again)...I don't know of a single example that doesn't?

all that happens with heritage, is they want a 19.5% cut of the price...

just accounting procedures at that point

it really is not even debatable, in my opinion...but, since we are all entitled to our opinions, I can't say yours is wrong, even if I believe it is :baiting:

Graciously.

this is, of course, totally in good spirited, positive debate, I think you know that...

but my goodness, that is definitely a minority position you are taking, and quite flawed I believe...

the outside world doesn't give a rats behind about BP on comic books, they only care what someone pays for a book, if they care at all... when Heritage reported the sale of the tec 27 cgc 8.0, they didn't report it as 825K (or whatever the bid amount was)... the reported it as 1 million dollars...that is the "intrinsic value"... that is the " realized" price...which is value...

no one says, I value this book at 100K, so i am going to pay 119,500...they value the book at what they pay...pure and simple... so all bidders factor in the BP as part of the price/value of the book...

and absolutely price guides, gpa, historic sales records, etc, ALL consider the Bp as part of the price paid for the book (value, again)...I don't know of a single example that doesn't?

it really is not even debatable, in my opinion...but, since we are all entitled to our opinions, I can't say yours is wrong, even if I believe it is :baiting:

Yes it is in good spirit. No harm meant. I find you fun to talk to. My only point is, should the BP be factored into price guide prices?

I have to work for now but I am excited about the auction and wish all the best on the book. Looks nice, not quite the 8.0 though... and yes it is debatable. Why not? We're just throwing around words... having fun....eating soggy cheerios.

Graciously.

100 percent agree the BP is part of the value of the book. As a side note Heritage is killing california residents by charging us tax (thats another about 10% on the final price). I was stupid not to realize that over the weekend and had to pay them almost $200 in taxes in auction winnings. I prefer not to buy from them again

Graciously.

100 percent agree the BP is part of the value of the book. As a side note Heritage is killing california residents by charging us tax (thats another about 10% on the final price). I was stupid not to realize that over the weekend and had to pay them almost $200 in taxes in auction winnings. I prefer not to buy from them again

Legally, if you didn't pay sales tax to Heritage, you'd have to pay it to the state of California at the end of the year, anyway. Not many people abide by it, but that's the law.