• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Tec 27 cgc 7.0 universal

171 posts in this topic

when did Batman go from the soft, black spandex suit (Neal Adams) to the dark-grey ceramic teflon armour (Chris Nolan) ??

Tim Burton's movie was the first to use the rubber suit; that was because Michael Keaton was too skinny to play Batman, and the costume padded him out. When Nolan took on the movies, one stipulation from Warner Brothers was that he keep the body armor style suit, which Nolan tweaked to make it more "realistic". I really don't remember seeing the armor in the comics, except for the adaptations of the movies.

Well I find the dark-grey ceramic teflon armour style really cool. Lots of sharp edges you can cut yourself on ...

With a 6.0 blue selling for 575K on comic conn. 9 moons ago, anything below 700K for this one I guess will look like a downturn ...

But again the figures here are insane ... Nobody knows what it will go for. In the light of the bad economy it might just sit the time out and sell for 420K (shrug)

What do I know ... or it might take off. It just takes two to tango :devil:

I wonder if the elderly gentleman consigning this gem will shill the auction live? I hope not that the sheer uncertainty whether this will sell for 400K or 700K will worry him too much.

fixed that for you! or am I too cynical ?

He could get a stroke from this :(

Imagine this elderly consignor reading about shillbidding in his auctionlot = (tsk)

With a 6.0 blue selling for 575K on comic conn. 9 moons ago, anything below 700K for this one I guess will look like a downturn ...

But again the figures here are insane ... Nobody knows what it will go for. In the light of the bad economy it might just sit the time out and sell for 420K (shrug)

given that heritage sold a 7.5 for $650k or so after the metro 6.0 sale at 575K, how anyone can expect a 7.0 to sell for more than that (ie more than 700K), I don't understand the logic?

given that heritage sold a 7.5 for $650k or so after the metro 6.0 sale at 575K, how anyone can expect a 7.0 to sell for more than that (ie more than 700K), I don't understand the logic?

These sales you mention *could be* ancient historeee - as we speak.

Especially this top-of-the pops market with very few of the big whales could turn out to to show itself as extremely volatile IMHO.

This "top" market can change very fast over the course of just a few moons. Im not saying it "has" changed considerably. Time will tell. But at this level 100K +/- doesnt seem to rearrange the world of these bidders (shrug)

So the 650K sale + the 575K sale are to be considered just "pinpoints". Off course I could be wrong all day long lol

That logic works if you belive there is a fixed number of buyers that are all aware of this book and every sale means one less buyer. Some people are used to thinking of the market that way because to a certain extent that

's how it was to not so long ago. But I don't think it's the case now.

inflation??

inflation??

lol we have deflation right now

Drumrolllllll .........

Now: 480K

:P

I took my shot and got outbid at $450k immediately :sorry:

I'm going to guess this one finishes around $550k-575k. I don't see it beating the 7.5, but it may come fairly close.

inflation??

lol we have deflation right now

blame it on the dollar.

That logic works if you belive there is a fixed number of buyers that are all aware of this book and every sale means one less buyer. Some people are used to thinking of the market that way because to a certain extent that

has really nothing to do with a fixed # of buyers (that is a variable that always changes),but regardless of who is potentially interested in a copy of this magnitude, it has to do with established sales on comparable copies...

not many folks say, "just 3 months ago a better copy sold for 650K, so I better be prepared to pay $700K for this lesser conditioned copy" ....that is what I am saying that makes no sense... and to the best of my knowledge, very few folks just buy these books on a whim, they do research, they get pricing advice, etc, etc... just my 2c

yeah... if anything with more nice copies for sale lately than any time in recent memory one might expect this to be closer pricewise to the 6.0 than the 7.5. still, all it takes is a couple bidders for "rational" expectations to be wrong. But the smarter bet right now has to be a lower #. wasn't so long ago that 400k was virgin territory after all

has really nothing to do with a fixed # of buyers (that is a variable that always changes),but regardless of who is potentially interested in a copy of this magnitude, it has to do with established sales on comparable copies...

not many folks say, "just 3 months ago a better copy sold for 650K, so I better be prepared to pay $700K for this lesser conditioned copy" ....that is what I am saying that makes no sense... and to the best of my knowledge, very few folks just buy these books on a whim, they do research, they get pricing advice, etc, etc... just my 2c

I was actually responding more to the folks who think the number should diminish with each sale, though I can see why you'd think I was coming off yours, since I put yours in quotes.

I know people do their research, but when you're talking about luxury items and rare items people don't always use the same rationale they would use in pricing something that isn't a lot about enjoyment, nostalgia or showing off. And when it comes to the top keys, people out there recognize that you can't just plug the label numbers into a calculator to get what something is "worth" as you were measuring troy ounces of gold or something like that.