• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slingers misprint?

10 posts in this topic

Anyone know what type of misprint error can be found in Slingers #1?

P1010193.jpg

Mile High lists a number of variations of this issue including two different ones with this cover, one of which is simply labeled "misprint". Did some googling but I haven't found a description anywhere. Anyone know about the misprint?

Comicbase has nothing on a misprint, comicspriceguide has nothing, spiderfan.org has nothing, wikipedia has nothing, comicvine.com has nothing, in fact, no one seems to know anything other than Chuck.

This leads me to believe that Chuck has spent too much time in the desert looking for pottery.

This is stretching my memory back really far, but here's what I recollect-

When SLINGERS #1 hit the newsstands, it notched up the annoyance at variants because in addition to having 4 different covers, they had 4 different *interiors* to go with the covers. There middle (8?) pages of the book each focused on a different member of the Slingers. The cover of the book would tell you which character was spotlighted:

75665858384.1.DUSK.gif75665858384.1.HORNET.gif75665858384.1.PRODIGY.gif75665858384.1.RICOCHET.gif

So- if my memory is correct, some of the books with the Ricochet cover ended up having the wrong interior (I think the Dusk interior).

That's all there was to it.

When SLINGERS #1 hit the newsstands, it notched up the annoyance at variants because in addition to having 4 different covers, they had 4 different *interiors* to go with the covers. to it.

AMATUERS!

Fathom #1 had already pulled this particular stunt earlier in the year, and that wasn't even the first time it was done.

P1010193.jpg

Mile High lists a number of variations of this issue including two different ones with this cover, one of which is simply labeled "misprint". Did some googling but I haven't found a description anywhere. Anyone know about the misprint?

The one on the right of the picture is misprinted with the Number #2 (shrug)

P1010193.jpg

The one on the right of the picture is misprinted with the Number #2 (shrug)

:gossip: Ignore the pic of the book on the right.

When SLINGERS #1 hit the newsstands, it notched up the annoyance at variants because in addition to having 4 different covers, they had 4 different *interiors* to go with the covers. to it.

AMATUERS!

Fathom #1 had already pulled this particular stunt earlier in the year, and that wasn't even the first time it was done.

Wasn't really curious as to whether it was the first time or not for a particular error. Just wanted to identify the error, because the internet was amazingly barren of info, at least as far as I could find. Google "Slingers misprint" and this is the top (and only relevant? except for MH's ebay listing) hit!