• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Weird Fantasy 9

10 posts in this topic

Hi folks - I'd appreciate your thoughts on this ebay purchase. Heavy tanning inside the front cover, slightly less on the back. PQ = OW/W and the book is flat and tight to the staples. The apparent chips on top of the FC are actually bends catching the light. There is a fingernail crescent size CBC under one but no missing paper.

WF9_front.jpg

WF_9_back.jpg

Tough one to pinpoint a grade for... I'd guess 5.5, maybe a soft 6.0 for the spine wear and rumples, depending on how they look in hand. I don't think the interior tanning would be much of an issue in this grade, at least by CGC's reckoning.

I'd go 4.5-5.0 because of the light reading crease and edge creasing. I'm guessing that the cover has several NCB creases as well based on what I can see that does break color. Overall a nice looking book though.

Thanks guys. It was sold as a 6.0 but I didn't think it was that good. My thought was 5.0 (but I really don't like tanning) so that agrees with the consensus here within half a point or so. I paid less than guide VG, so it wasn't too bad a deal.