• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA Submariner run, a 12c Hulk or two, Avengers, etc...

49 posts in this topic

I have been holding the nicer books back to sprinkle into the thread, so here goes the first one. Submariner #7 in about 8.5, but looks 9.4 (maybe 9.6). Beautiful book that lays flat and has just about zero wear at first glance. But the book has a NCB bend in the lower left corner and light indentations from staples (likely from the book above it in a stack) on the front cover. I have little doubt that this book would benefit from a pressing and would get up into the 9+ range if this was done. But rather than ask thousands for a book sure to upgrade from a press, I will start this one at a very fair $20 (Overstreet has this book at $30 for an 8.0).

Submariner07.jpg

Submariner07bc.jpg

Submariner #29 in about 5.0. As with most of my books it looks better at first glance, but has some NCB wear on the front cover that I would rather be conservative with. Great PQ as well. Add this one to your collection for $1.00 + shipping.

Submariner29.jpg

I have been holding the nicer books back to sprinkle into the thread, so here goes the first one. Submariner #7 in about 8.5, but looks 9.4 (maybe 9.6). Beautiful book that lays flat and has just about zero wear at first glance. But the book has a NCB bend in the lower left corner and light indentations from staples (likely from the book above it in a stack) on the front cover. I have little doubt that this book would benefit from a pressing and would get up into the 9+ range if this was done. But rather than ask thousands for a book sure to upgrade from a press, I will start this one at a very fair $20 (Overstreet has this book at $30 for an 8.0).

Submariner07.jpg

Submariner07bc.jpg

Lets see :takeit:

Submariner #30 with a Captain Marvel appearance. Looks about 5.0-5.5 with light spine wear and the typical NCB bends on the fc (if you couldn't tell, I bought all these books back when I bought by numbers and didn't care so much about grades or NCB wear). Good story you can take home for $2.00 + shipping (Overstreet Good price is $3.00).

Submariner30.jpg

Submariner07.jpg

Submariner07bc.jpg

^^ Let me know how it goes!

Submariner07.jpg

Submariner07bc.jpg

:takeit: All the subbies left except for the #11.

Submariner07.jpg

Submariner07bc.jpg

:takeit: All the subbies left except for the #11.

^^ Thanks! PM imminent.

Nothing more to wait for, the lot is sold.

He still has more books to post. Some more Submariners and the Avengers. Unless you are referring to someone else buying the rest of the books.

I do have more books to post. The Hulk #107 and Submariner #11 are still available, and I will get more Subbys and some Avengers up as soon as I can get to them...

Oh, sorry, I thought you took the Subby's he hadn't yet posted also. My bad, carry on :)

Haha, you were kinda right. I did take the ones I needed for my run, saved him a bit of scanning :). About half of the remaining Subby's are still available.

Oh, sorry, I thought you took the Subby's he hadn't yet posted also. My bad, carry on :)

Haha, you were kinda right. I did take the ones I needed for my run, saved him a bit of scanning :). About half of the remaining Subby's are still available.

This kind of posting the :takeit: is inappropriate at best; you either take them all as you posted or wait until the images are posted. :makepoint:

Otherwise, you could post "I'll take everything" and then pick and choose, which appears to be exactly what you did.

This kind of posting the :takeit: is inappropriate at best; you either take them all as you posted or wait until the images are posted. :makepoint:

Otherwise, you could post "I'll take everything" and then pick and choose, which appears to be exactly what you did.

I was posting like anyone else, I was talking about the books already posted when I said I would take all the Subby's that were left? Why would you think I was talking about the ones not posted when I didn't know the prices or grades?

I then asked Mysterio, since there seemed to be little interest in his Subby's so far if he could supply a list with prices so he could save himself the hassle of scanning and I could fill out my reader run?

Edit- There is a list of issues in the first post. All I did was give him my list to fill in my run. I took every single issue he had from that list. Not like I picked out issues after getting scans or prices, I told him exactly which issues I wanted, no need for me to tie up the other half of the books.

Think it's time people took a chill pill.

Not to completely derail the thread, but I would have to agree. I have seen many a thread around here where a buyer essentially buys out most or all of the books after seeing the first several posted and deciding the price structure/quality of books meets his/her needs. I do not see any harm in that. He took what all of what was already available minus one issue, negotiated for more via PM, and the remainders are to be listed when Mysterio gets around to it. I just fail to see anything sinister/inappropriate here :shrug:

Hell I hope I have a sales thread that goes that way one day :wishluck:

Congrats on the sales guys (thumbs u

Not to completely derail the thread, but I would have to agree. I have seen many a thread around here where a buyer essentially buys out most or all of the books after seeing the first several posted and deciding the price structure/quality of books meets his/her needs. I do not see any harm in that. He took what all of what was already available minus one issue, negotiated for more via PM, and the remainders are to be listed when Mysterio gets around to it. I just fail to see anything sinister/inappropriate here :shrug:

Thanks, Snake Eyes. I did indeed have the issues available listed in the first post, and after Bruce threw the :takeit: for several books posted in the thread he inquired about the remainder in my list. As nobody seemed to be beating down my door for these low-mid grade Subbys I looked at his list and filled some of it. I don't see the harm in that, as anybody could have read that list in the first post and thrown me the same PM if they liked. I still have several Subby's available, and once I get an opportunity I will amend my list accordingly and scan/post the books I have left. And if anyone wants to PM me to get an earlier look at books they are really interested in I am fine with that.

At the end of the day we are all just trying to sell books, and I don't think I (or Bruce) did anything underhanded by PMing about some books that I listed openly in the first post of the thread. Note that I also said that I would be happy to negotiate via PM in my thread rules too. If someone can explain what I may have done wrong by doing things this way I would be happy to learn something, and I definitely hope I haven't turned anyone off to my sales threads.

Thanks, Snake Eyes. I did indeed have the issues available listed in the first post, and after Bruce threw the :takeit: for several books posted in the thread he inquired about the remainder in my list. As nobody seemed to be beating down my door for these low-mid grade Subbys I looked at his list and filled some of it. I don't see the harm in that, as anybody could have read that list in the first post and thrown me the same PM if they liked. I still have several Subby's available, and once I get an opportunity I will amend my list accordingly and scan/post the books I have left. And if anyone wants to PM me to get an earlier look at books they are really interested in I am fine with that.

At the end of the day we are all just trying to sell books, and I don't think I (or Bruce) did anything underhanded by PMing about some books that I listed openly in the first post of the thread. Note that I also said that I would be happy to negotiate via PM in my thread rules too. If someone can explain what I may have done wrong by doing things this way I would be happy to learn something, and I definitely hope I haven't turned anyone off to my sales threads.

btw, you didn't do anything wrong :grin: