• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you a sheep collector ?

60 posts in this topic

I sold two ms5s at a small south jersey show in the 1st 15 minutes for $80 each when the new ghost rider #1 was hitting the stands and they were fvfish, that book was on fire! I collected that title in the dead zone in the 80s and never saw anything cheaper than Seven bucks on one.

Of course I want whats hot,I'm trying to get every key book from Silver age to current.If I don't have the hot book yet,I'll just wait for the smoke to clear and buy it after the hype.So to answer your question yes and no Baaa Baaa!

I collect books that not many people care about anymore, but were popular in the early days of the hobby. Characters like Tarzan, Conan, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, Prince Valiant, John Carter, Solomon Kane, etc. For me these are great characters from the pre-superhero Golden Age of the 20's and 30's. These were the comicstrip and pulp characters that paved the way for Superman, Batman, and the superhero boom of the late 30's and early 40's. The fact that they aren't "hot" characters, at least relatively speaking, means that I can often pick up cool, historically important books at a decent price.

BAA BAA
say that like ewe mean it son :sumo:

Good one lol

I was a sheep collector in my youth, until the "incident". err, I guess the less said the better Oh wait, comic discussion right? :eek:

Annnnnnnyhoo, I went after the mainstream superhero stuff like most everyone else. These days, I'm into what makes me happy. (collecting superhero stuff no longer makes me happy) I'm collecting my childhood favorites like Richie Rich, Uncle Scrooge and bronze DC war comics. I'm also collecting DC war comics in general and looking for stuff that's hard to find that few other care about right now. I also like 50's (non superhero) DCs.

I collect books that not many people care about anymore, but were popular in the early days of the hobby. Characters like Tarzan, Conan, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, Prince Valiant, John Carter, Solomon Kane, etc. For me these are great characters from the pre-superhero Golden Age of the 20's and 30's. These were the comicstrip and pulp characters that paved the way for Superman, Batman, and the superhero boom of the late 30's and early 40's. The fact that they aren't "hot" characters, at least relatively speaking, means that I can often pick up cool, historically important books at a decent price.

and there is a good chance a few will get hot again, these things go in cycles.

(thumbs u

You got those FF's just about finished up havn't you Dave ?? What a great foundation for moving into the Golden Age (thumbs u

Got 'em all but the upgrading will never end.

Love the Camera Comics in your sig. line. :cloud9:

I shoulda said it earlier--buy what you like and to hell with what people think.