• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New sketches from Long Beach Comic Con

7 posts in this topic

Yes..kind of dead attendance wise. Having the show scheduled the same weekend as Halloween probably didn't help. But that made for great sketch opportunities with some great artists. Didn't attend Sunday but I heard Tim Sale fast passes were readily available before finally filling up.

Yes..kind of dead attendance wise. Having the show scheduled the same weekend as Halloween probably didn't help. But that made for great sketch opportunities with some great artists. Didn't attend Sunday but I heard Tim Sale fast passes were readily available before finally filling up.

Great sketches.

It was dead there. And, the passes were gone by time I got there at 11:10. :sorry:

However, I did get a great Cap Zombie sketch from Arthur Suydam.

Definitely low attendance. The main reason I went was to get a Mignola Hellboy sketch. He was very cordial and generous. Out of MANY artists in SD, he was the only one who declined to draw even in a sketchbook, but when it came to this show, he was willing. . .I think specifically BECAUSE he knew that he wouldn't be completely inundated by fans (I'm sure SD would be a bad place to do that for him since there'd be lotsa movie fans wanting a sketch as well). Didn't know Sale was there. I'd have tried him as well. I only showed up for a couple hours on Fri. night and Mignola was sitting all alone at his booth when I strolled up. Was Sale there on Friday night?

Tim Sale was there Friday night. I got my fast pass sketch from around 6:30 pm Friday. I was surprised Mignola was sketching. Would have definitely tried to get a sketch from him but I thought he was only signing. Hopefully, he will be at next year's Long Beach show.

I was there Friday but left just before 8p.m., if I knew Tim Sale was going to be there I would've stuck around to have him autograph my TPB that I got Jeff Loeb to sign earlier.

The signing for Jeff Loeb was pretty long for me (25+ mins) since there were some collectors/sellers that brought like boxes full of stuff for him to sign.

I walked around for a bit and went back to the signing area for Mike Mignola and there was like only 2-3 people in line for him (I think I was the last person at the end) and got him to sign a couple comics. I early found some blank Marvel covers and asked him if he could do a quick sketch of The Spectre for me and he obliged. He did ask me what the Spectre looked like since he wasn't very familiar with the character.

Here's what it turned out like:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=693424&GSub=99530

Also got a Wonder Woman sketch from the WW/Supergirl/Authority artist Drew Johnson:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=693410&GSub=100020

Both Mike Mignola and Drew Johnson were nice and accomodating at LBCC I thought.

Friday was pretty slow when I asked some of the artists, but it made for short lines when I was getting some of them to autograph some comics. I only wish I got a commission from Amanda Conner earlier since I believe she only was at her table that day for a couple hours.