• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sgt. Fury #1

164 posts in this topic

I once owned a VF+ (easy VF+) copy for which I paid the princely sum of $50. I traded it for my beater JIM 83.

To this day, it's the one comic I've let go that I really wish I had back.

doh!

I wish I had ever owned a VF+ copy of a silver age key.

It's not like they're hard to find. What's stopping you now?

In the last month - new kitchen, new bathroom and now wife wants a new car.

lol I initially read "now wife" as "new wife".

Yes, I can imagine that getting the new Bentley would strain the old comic budget. meh

Wife wants a BMW X5 (4 litre twin turbo diesel).

Only old men drive Bentleys :baiting:

If buying new I'd probably buy this:

Fun car

I once owned a VF+ (easy VF+) copy for which I paid the princely sum of $50. I traded it for my beater JIM 83.

To this day, it's the one comic I've let go that I really wish I had back.

doh!

I wish I had ever owned a VF+ copy of a silver age key.

Yeah, 'cause those VF+ GA keys are horrible.

:baiting:

lol

Pedigree VF+ please :baiting:

We are definetly going to see if the 8.5 was a price glitch or not.

Its sale has definetly bought out other books.

Currently for sale:

9.0 on Pedigree

7.5 on Heritage

and now

7.5 on ComicLink.

We are definetly going to see if the 8.5 was a price glitch or not.

Its sale has definetly bought out other books.

Currently for sale:

9.0 on Pedigree

7.5 on Heritage

and now

7.5 on ComicLink.

Well the odds have increased on me upgrading my copy :wishluck: So if anyone is looking for a 7.0, assuming i win, i would be happy to sell my copy.

One of the 3 or 4 books I REALLY regret selling.. :(

fury1.JPG

Wow thats a great looking copy. Its not the copy that was on Pedigree recently for $40,000 is it ?

Christtttt...I hope not :mad:

It has the same date stamp in the same position (from memory), so it could be. Anyone else kept a scan to compare

I think that given the ever increasing last sales of the 6.5 ($1315) and 7.0 ($1475) reported to GPA only 2 months ago, any sale on 7.5 above $2.2k is showing an upwards trend, especially when you consider that the last sale on this book was only $1311 in Feb this year. $3.5k in my mind, makes any 8.5 copies $8k and the 9.0 over $10k.

Personally i would be happy if it just sat where it is at until the end of the auction, that way i would win it for just over $2k :whee:

So the Heritage copy is at $3100 which is way more than i would have thought, but the Comiclink copy is at $1900, am i missing something with the Comiclink copy? Looking at the scans i would say that it is actually the nicer copy of the two as it has less spine wear

I think that given the ever increasing last sales of the 6.5 ($1315) and 7.0 ($1475) reported to GPA only 2 months ago, any sale on 7.5 above $2.2k is showing an upwards trend, especially when you consider that the last sale on this book was only $1311 in Feb this year. $3.5k in my mind, makes any 8.5 copies $8k and the 9.0 over $10k.

Personally i would be happy if it just sat where it is at until the end of the auction, that way i would win it for just over $2k :whee:

So the Heritage copy is at $3100 which is way more than i would have thought, but the Comiclink copy is at $1900, am i missing something with the Comiclink copy? Looking at the scans i would say that it is actually the nicer copy of the two as it has less spine wear

ComicLink copies usually jump substantially during the last day.

I'm still following this with great interest, and I'm not trying to derail the thread, but I have a question about Sgt. Fury #2. Hoping that someone here will have some insight into this book.

Census:

1 9.6

2 9.4's

1 9.2

3 9.0's

I'm trying to get a hold on what the "market value" is for this book.

All on Heritage,

In November 2009, a 9.0 sold for $2868.00.

In August 2010, a 9.0 sold for $1015.75.

My copy, which is selling in this November Signature auction, is currently at $776.75.

Now, I'm hoping ( :wishluck: ) that the last sale of $1015 was just an anomaly and that my copy will bounce back, but I don't truly know where that number "should" be. Perhaps the $2868 was an anomaly. (shrug)

#2s obviously don't have the lustre of a #1 issue, and for this reason, you'll see fewer speculators, but why the big drop from the previous sale? Less than half? Actually, it was getting closer to a third of the price of the previous sale.

Any thoughts, guys?

Thanks,

Andy

While Sgt. Fury 1 and 13 have caught on with the "masses", unfortunately none of the other books have followed suit in terms of value appreciation.

Currently, I think 2 is undervalued by 100%.

The auctions above could only be studied with more information? When was it sold in relation to other auctions, other copies of the book on the market, conventions, seasonality, buyers with this book on their want list, etc.

Disclosure: I own 3 really nice copies of #2.

Hasta,

Pablo

While Sgt. Fury 1 and 13 have caught on with the "masses", unfortunately none of the other books have followed suit in terms of value appreciation.

Currently, I think 2 is undervalued by 100%.

The auctions above could only be studied with more information? When was it sold in relation to other auctions, other copies of the book on the market, conventions, seasonality, buyers with this book on their want list, etc.

Disclosure: I own 3 really nice copies of #2.

Hasta,

Pablo

Thanks for your reply! (worship)

This is kind of what I was wondering. You know, how often does this book come up? How much would a dealer ask for a 9.0 at a convention? Many times, asking prices at conventions are a bit more than what you could buy them for at auction. Sometimes, much more.

Nice to hear that you've got 3 nice copies. :applause:

Andy

I think SGT Fury #2 is the rarest of all the mainstream Marvel Silver Age books. (i.e. not romance/modelling). It is next to impossible to find a high grade copy. I picked up a #2 about four months ago in 8.0 and snapped it up with a $595 buy-it-now an hour or so after it was listed on Comiclink.

#3 is almost as bad a #2 and I have been looking for a copy for 3 years now and have not seen one other than the 9.6 up on Heritage right now (which I am not going for as it is too high grade for me).

I finally brokedown and paid $250 for a #4 in 8.0 that had been on eBay for months. The price was not what bothered me but it was C-OW pages.

The 3 and 4 in 9.6 are currently at 1,400 and $1,100 respectively in the Heritage Auction.

Interersting that the Pedigree auction Sgt Fury run doesn't include 2-5.

I was going to post that it was bad timing considering the rarity of the #2 to have 2 copies for sale at the same time.

ComicLink copies usually jump substantially during the last day.

So the ComicLink auction ended at $2.2k. Seems a bargain when compared to the Heritage copy.

What is the price expectation on the other auctions ending in the upcoming week?

The Heritage 7.5 copy is currently at $3.1k

The Pedigree 9.0 White page is currently at $5k with 5 days to go.

My 2c :

Heritage $3.3k

Pedigree $7.5k

I'm still following this with great interest, and I'm not trying to derail the thread, but I have a question about Sgt. Fury #2. Hoping that someone here will have some insight into this book.

Census:

1 9.6

2 9.4's

1 9.2

3 9.0's

I'm trying to get a hold on what the "market value" is for this book.

All on Heritage,

In November 2009, a 9.0 sold for $2868.00.

In August 2010, a 9.0 sold for $1015.75.

My copy, which is selling in this November Signature auction, is currently at $776.75.

Now, I'm hoping ( :wishluck: ) that the last sale of $1015 was just an anomaly and that my copy will bounce back, but I don't truly know where that number "should" be. Perhaps the $2868 was an anomaly. (shrug)

#2s obviously don't have the lustre of a #1 issue, and for this reason, you'll see fewer speculators, but why the big drop from the previous sale? Less than half? Actually, it was getting closer to a third of the price of the previous sale.

Any thoughts, guys?

Thanks,

Andy

Well, sadly, my copy only sold for $836.50. :( Interesting to see that book drop and drop and drop. Must be the previous buyer's are only after the 9.6 and 9.4s now.

Andy