• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sgt. Fury #1

164 posts in this topic

I have a complete (reader) collection of Sgt Fury but will need to add the FF #21 to the set now. :applause:

Just saw that ComicLink sold the Mass Copy of Sgt Fury #1 (8.5) for $9,000:

Sale of 8.5 Mass copy

I was more surprised with the sale of the 5.0 copy for $1,300

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D4020&id=887066

One day - after all the DC war and Atlas war wants are finished - I'm going to go after this run.

While not as substantial as the DC war characters, SFATHC were loads of fun. I know everyone goes after the Kirby issues, but the stories inked by John Severin in the late 1960s/early70s are some of my favorite war comics art.

Aside from #1, are there any issues that are particularly elusive? Or are they all fairly common?

Shep

#6 is notoriously tough in higher grade. A few issues in the teens are pretty tough too.

10, 11, 14 are tough in HG. 19 is tough in HG and centering -- many offset or mswraps.

Hasta,

Pablo

One day - after all the DC war and Atlas war wants are finished - I'm going to go after this run.

While not as substantial as the DC war characters, SFATHC were loads of fun. I know everyone goes after the Kirby issues, but the stories inked by John Severin in the late 1960s/early70s are some of my favorite war comics art.

Aside from #1, are there any issues that are particularly elusive? Or are they all fairly common?

Shep

#6 is notoriously tough in higher grade. A few issues in the teens are pretty tough too.

fury6.jpg[/img]

:cloud9:

Shep

10, 11, 14 are tough in HG. 19 is tough in HG and centering -- many offset or mswraps.

Hasta,

Pablo

I had put together a raw 2-20 set awhile back before selling it off...wish I still had them... :cry: My 19 was pretty nice...I had it at VF+ to VF/NM...sigh...

SGTFURY19VF-1.jpg

I ended up with two copies of #1 as I complete my Marvel SA key collection (just lack the big boy AF #15). Wasn't a favorite of mine but it does have a certain appeal to me now. These are lower grade copies and the 4.5 is pretty well centered at least.

4f1cce94.jpg

0b315d8e.jpg

I ended up with two copies of #1 as I complete my Marvel SA key collection (just lack the big boy AF #15). Wasn't a favorite of mine but it does have a certain appeal to me now. These are lower grade copies and the 4.5 is pretty well centered at least.

4f1cce94.jpg

0b315d8e.jpg

Nice! :applause:

Latest Clink auction for CGC 8.5 OWW was $6,766. Prices seem to have stabilized and the MASS PED CGC 8.5 is an outlier.

I have seen a CGC 9.0 W available from World Wide for 14,500.

Think that probably had more to do with the fact that it closed so close to the end of SDCC, and money was tight for a lot of people. Interesting to see what the Heritage 8.5 copy sells for.

4f1cce94.jpg

0b315d8e.jpg

Nice! :applause:

Both copies present well for the grade especially the first one due to the superior color strike. Congrats. I was looking for one at Comic-con but couldn't fine one that was affordable and to my liking. I saw a CGC 9.0 copy at one booth. Price: 17 and a half grand.

It's currently listed on CL. How can it be on it's way to you? No bids have been placed as of my post.

"Still in its original owner state. A beautiful, glossy, bright, and fresh example. The colors jump from the cover and the pages inside are Bone White!"

It's currently listed on CL. How can it be on it's way to you? No bids have been placed as of my post.

Going to guess he's the one who posted it for sale on the Link. You only need a scan.