• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic mailers available in the UK?

4 posts in this topic

About a year ago I bought a bulk load of flat-pack comic sized cardboard mailer boxes from eBay. They held 4 backed and bagged books plus bubble wrap and were still small enough to be included in Royal Mail's large letter pricing. In bulk (100 packs) they only cost about 40p each.

Unfortunately, I used my last few over the weekend and I can no longer find them listed on eBay to re-stock.

Any UK boardies using a similar product to ship their books? If so can you let me know the details?

Size H Jiffy bags, hard cardboard and tape work for me. Loads cheaper and protect the books better.

The master of postage using jiffy bags? Whatever next ?

To be honest, I've used this method myself before with no problems. The small bespoke boxes were actually more cost effective and offered more protection.

Probably overkill but I like to guarantee that if someone buys a book from me it won't get damaged.

Looks like it's back to the basics for me.