• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watchmen #1 page 1

59 posts in this topic

Surprised there isn't already a post on this page. Any estimates of value from the experts here?

Original art for Watchmen #1 page 1

The most interesting thing about that link are two little words: "No Reserve".

That's a bit of a shocker.

Aesthetically its not that great to look at. No reserve will encourage more bids for sure.

True, and I agree.

Just having this particular page with no reserve is not something I would have expected.

Aesthetically its not that great to look at. No reserve will encourage more bids for sure.

True, but that page does really set the mood for the entire book though. It should go for a good price.

I think it is all kinds of awesome. But that's just me.

There's not too much going on and no main characters, but it still an interesting page artistically.

And it is the very first page from one of the all time great comic books! That fact alone will push this one through the stratosphere. No need for a reserve on a page like this, it sells itself.

Surprised there isn't already a post on this page. Any estimates of value from the experts here?

Original art for Watchmen #1 page 1

No doubt this will go for a pretty penny, and as others have commented, it's great that for once an OA owner is willing to show some stones and sell without a reserve.

There's a bunch of OA in the auction that I'm surprised hasn't been discussed here yet. For example, there are the Barks pages from "North of the Yukon". My jaw dropped when I saw those.

There's a bunch of OA in the auction that I'm surprised hasn't been discussed here yet. For example, there are the Barks pages from "North of the Yukon". My jaw dropped when I saw those.

Indeed. There are some very strong pieces in the upcoming auction, and they should provide some interesting market indicators. hm

I like Gibbons' drawing style a lot, but all the blue-chip examples of Gibbons artwork have one thing in common: Alan Moore's words. (A category in which this one scores an A+) I expect it to go pretty high.

This page has been available privately for a few years now. I like the page, but didn't think it was worth anywhere near what the seller was asking. It seems many of you think more highly of this page than me. I do appreciate no reserve auctions, so hope the seller does well.

This page has been available privately for a few years now. I like the page, but didn't think it was worth anywhere near what the seller was asking. It seems many of you think more highly of this page than me. I do appreciate no reserve auctions, so hope the seller does well.

+1, I actually don't care for the Watchmen artwork at all even though it came out during my heavy reading time. I didn't really even care for the story that much. It is okay, but I would be hard pressed to put it in even my top 500 story lines. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

What was the seller originally asking for?

Nexus, your collection is just crazy, I'm on your caf page now :o

Wow, thanks...it's been a lot of fun putting the collection together. But there are much, much more impressive collections on CAF. If you want to see more, send me a PM, and I'll forward you some links to galleries on my "Watched" list.