• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hollywood Treasures

18 posts in this topic

The next scene after commercial was the consignment director telling Joe that the guy decided that he didn't want it at auction and it was okay if Joe could broker a sale as long as the seller netter a million. Lets not forget that this show is more about entertainment than it is about reality.

The next scene after commercial was the consignment director telling Joe that the guy decided that he didn't want it at auction and it was okay if Joe could broker a sale as long as the seller netter a million. Lets not forget that this show is more about entertainment than it is about reality.

lol

I picked up on that when Joe went to visit Fishler about that movie poster.

I posted this on Comic Art L, but I was totally shocked that a guy who owns his own auction house didn't want to consign his poster to another auction house to sell it. The suspense was killing me as the "potential consignor" was deciding whether to let Joe auction it. :eek:

Entertainment indeed. We've seen some pretty amazing pieces of pop culture memorabilia and history on this show, that's why I watch it. We could probably do without the more theatrical moments such as this. I just hope some other comic/art/poster dealers get some free national advertising time on the show as well. :wishluck: A weekly parade of Burkey, Moy, or Joe trying to work a trade with Los Bros Donnelly...now THAT would be something to see immortalized on film.

Entertainment indeed. We've seen some pretty amazing pieces of pop culture memorabilia and history on this show, that's why I watch it.

Not to mention Erin Grey was looking very Nice :golfclap:

lol

I picked up on that when Joe went to visit Fishler about that movie poster.

I posted this on Comic Art L, but I was totally shocked that a guy who owns his own auction house didn't want to consign his poster to another auction house to sell it. The suspense was killing me as the "potential consignor" was deciding whether to let Joe auction it. :eek:

Entertainment indeed. We've seen some pretty amazing pieces of pop culture memorabilia and history on this show, that's why I watch it. We could probably do without the more theatrical moments such as this. I just hope some other comic/art/poster dealers get some free national advertising time on the show as well. :wishluck: A weekly parade of Burkey, Moy, or Joe trying to work a trade with Los Bros Donnelly...now THAT would be something to see immortalized on film.

Can someone please post up the comic related bits on Youtube as being outside of the US you cant watch it on either the syfy channel or on Hulu, and i even tried a proxy server with no luck.

Entertainment indeed. We've seen some pretty amazing pieces of pop culture memorabilia and history on this show, that's why I watch it.

Not to mention Erin Grey was looking very Nice :golfclap:

Still! (worship)

Excellent point. I'm caught up on all the episodes so far and it's definitely great to see all the cool geek memoribilia. The rest of the program doesn't appear any different from any other "reality" show-- i.e. mostly scripted/staged/set up. It's entertainment, not a documentary (or at least not an intentional one). For those (like glenbru and dem1138) who are aware of all the players involved, and what each gets out of the show, I'm sure it's a whole 'nother level of fun.

Actually, I believe the episode showed Pete bidding $190K and being the direct underbidder on the lot. But yes, I found that very interesting as well.

Apropos of nothing, I would never let any auction house know my max bid ahead of time.

Interesting to hear that FF 12 is finally complete. Anybody got any stills of the artwork they can post? I can't access this program from the UK.

Here are a few. The quality of the images varies as the pages were shown briefly and I had to stop on a single frame to do a screen capture

HTFF12pic1.jpg

HTFF12pic2.jpg

HTFF12pic22.jpg

HTFF12pic15.jpg

HTFF12pic16.jpg

HTFF12pic17.jpg

HTFF12pic18.jpg

HTFF12pic19.jpg

HTFF12pic24.jpg

HTFF12pic30.jpg

Interesting to hear that FF 12 is finally complete. Anybody got any stills of the artwork they can post? I can't access this program from the UK.

Here are a few. The quality of the images varies as the pages were shown briefly and I had to stop on a single frame to do a screen capture

HTFF12pic1.jpg

HTFF12pic2.jpg

HTFF12pic22.jpg

HTFF12pic15.jpg

HTFF12pic16.jpg

HTFF12pic17.jpg

HTFF12pic18.jpg

HTFF12pic19.jpg

HTFF12pic24.jpg

HTFF12pic30.jpg

Thank you for taking the trouble to post those Watcher. I am getting goose pimples just looking at them. One of my favorite Kirby stories. I remember the page that has the panel like the cover coming onto ebay and then being taken off again. Awesome stuff.