• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TRIMMED right side of cover??? Comments welcome!

29 posts in this topic

I am a little lost at some of the terms used on the form Although I have been collecting since 1978 mainly Fantastic four (only need 18 issues) and various marvel titles (never cgced a book). What does " pos" mean? confused.gif I have mainly been an isolationist in the hobby. crazy.gif

Welcome to the Boards!

I'm only looking for for 2 books to complete my FFs.

See my sig line... gossip.gif

pos = R rated term for a ugly looking book that was explained in detail above. wink.gif

After some correspondence with this seller I linked on this Thread, I cannot ascertain that he knows that he has a trimmed comic.

CAL

The Seler responded with:

Don't you guys have anything better to do? I guarantee the book is NOT trimmed, not restored in anyway. Any book sold by me as unrestored has a full money back guarantee if it comes back from CGC with the purple case (I not only refund the total ending auction amount, but also the initial shipping you paid). I sell many $100,000s a year of comics and am completely honest. If something gets by me, you get your money back, no problem.

My quote posted first here gave you the benefit of doubt, sir. I went through the same thing. Others questioned me just like this case here, and I was not wrong, I just did not want to believe that someone would trim comic books.

But nevertheless, your "full money back guarantee" is not listed anywhere on the auction. Not being overly critical of you or your auction listing methods, but had you posted that paragraph on the auction this Thread would not be here. Just something to think about, with all due respect to you.

CAL

Well, I do list the items as "unrestored". If it turns out they are not, then I was incorrect in my listing and the deal should be void. I suppose I might add the money back guarantee in the future. Never had a problem before. Sometimes people ask before they buy, and, in all truthfullness, no one has ever bought a book from me that I said was "unrestored" that was actually restored, so it has never been an issue. I put up the listing, I state the truth (as I know it), people buy the books on those statements and on the (usually) great scans I post and everyone is happy.

You have perfect feedback and I have no reason to doubt you, but it would be a good idea to list your return policy in a brief sentence. That would give buyers a little additional assurance that if they are not satisfied, they can work things out with you.

I have been selling on Ebay for 5 years now and the more info you provide the less hastle thumbsup2.gif

As others have stated, Welcome to the boards!!

hi.gif

Don't you guys have anything better to do? I guarantee the book is NOT trimmed, not restored in anyway. Any book sold by me as unrestored has a full money back guarantee if it comes back from CGC with the purple case (I not only refund the total ending auction amount, but also the initial shipping you paid). I sell many $100,000s a year of comics and am completely honest. If something gets by me, you get your money back, no problem.

I have several major keys listed this week, inlcuding a Showcase #4 CGC 7.5, several Spider-Man #1s, Fantastic Four #1s, a Captain Marvel nn #1 (second highest), Famous Funnies nn (second comic book ever), Tales to Astonish #27, Wow #2 (Rockford copy), Shield Wizard #1 CGC, Lone Ranger #1 CGC 4.5, etc, etc...

There is no doubt that I am as honest and scrupulous as any dealer alive, and I back it up with the money back guarantee on any book found to be restored (unless I say it is).

first off - welcome to the boards!!!

second; i think if you reread this thread you'll note that the majority of opininons were of the ""inconclusive", "don't know" "not trimmed" variety. Cal believed it to be trimmed based on his considerable time in the hobby.

third: i agree that stating a return policy like yours (excellent) is a good idea.

lastly: it's threads such as these that make the hobby a safer place for everyone. i find myself questioning a lot of things i see up for auction that i used to just place my trust in. as a dealer/seller perhaps you haven't experienced the numerous horror shows that go on all the time on e-bay for us buyers.

good luck with your current auctions - i'll be checking them out momentarily. grin.gif

Update:

I noticed that the Buyer of this comic, the FF # 11, had bought some other high-priced items from this Seller. He posted positive feedback for 5 of these comic books. The Buyer has NOT YET posted anything about this FF # 11.

hi.gif