• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WARNING TO ALL NEWBIES

100 posts in this topic

If you remember, I did think he was in your avatar. I can't remember who you said it was (I assume it's an actor). Anything worth looking out for? I love Japanese cinema.

If you remember, I did think he was in your avatar. I can't remember who you said it was (I assume it's an actor). Anything worth looking out for? I love Japanese cinema.

Start with The Seven Samurai

Go on to The Hidden Fortress

Rob,,take it from there......

OLD GUY

TOMEGA

JOE_COLLECTOR

GPCOVE

THEY OWN THIS BOARD SO PLEASE DO NOT CROSS THEM IN ANY WAY.

As a co-owner of this board I am asking you to leave. You are trespassing and not welcome here. hi.gif

Mine is Shintaru Katsu as Zatoichi. The Zatoichi films are a lot of fun.

For the uninitiated, the series focuses on the exploits of a wandering blind swordsman named Ichi. As was typical in Japan at the time, he earns his living as a masseur, so he's commonly known as Zatoichi (short for Zato- No- Ichi which translate to, surprise-surprise, "Ichi the Masseur.") Played with prodigious charm by superstar actor/ writer/ director/ producer Shintaru Katsu (1931-1997), Ichi is a mix between Chaplin's Little Tramp, a practically invincible avenging angel of death and pretty much everything in between. He's a friend to children (like Gamera), he's got a way with women (every other film has some beautiful woman falling head over heels for the noble swordsman,) he's got an honorable steak a mile long, he's an expert gambler (often cheating the cheats who try to take advantage of his blindness,) he's funny, smart, cunning and he's able to take on dozens of sword-wielding gangsters at a time without receiving so much as a scratch. So I say, "what more could you ask for?" Then I answer, "Nothing."

The best are:

Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo (1999)

The Life and Opinion of Masseur Ichi

The Tale of Zatoichi Continues

The latter stars Shintaru Katsu's brother Tomisaburo Wakayama, best known for his lead role in the Lone Wolf and Cub movies.

I think I actually did a long post recommending some Japanese cinema. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I don't think ending auctions early should be a frequent solution to avoid selling items for less than you were expecting, but the item does belong to the seller, and he is not required by law to sell everything that is listed. eBay gives the seller an out, with the reason "the item is no longer for sale." Whereas I know how frustrating it can be, I don't think it's unethical at all. Regardless of how excited you are as the high bidder, the item does not belong to you until it is paid for. And it is not legally entitled to you until the auction is over. Until that point, the seller has the right to change his mind about selling.

Give it a rest. Ending auctions early because you aren't getting the price you want is unethical and stupid. You're the one wrong here.

FlyingDonut

thumbsup2.gifand WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!!!!!! Thunderkitten

Until that point, the seller has the right to change his mind about selling.

Sure, and we have the right to report that SOB for breaking EBay's regulations, and to [!@#%^&^] and moan about it on here. thumbsup2.gif

Until that point, the seller has the right to change his mind about selling.

Sure, and we have the right to report that SOB for breaking EBay's regulations, and to [!@#%^&^] and moan about it on here. thumbsup2.gif

I don't think anyone was saying you didn't. Of course, efence, or ebarf, or whatever pejorative term you wish to use, won't do much, if anything, to the seller, they're the revenue producer of the company. As always, YMMV.

Count me in - nothing worse than some person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag ending a 7 day auction with less than 30 minutes to go...

Are you implying that Thunderkitten is a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Count me in - nothing worse than some person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag ending a 7 day auction with less than 30 minutes to go...

Are you implying that Thunderkitten is a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think he was,...

Start with The Seven Samurai

Go on to The Hidden Fortress

Rob,,take it from there......

Not it was Shintaru Katsu that I didn't know. For Kurosawa, I might start with 7 Samurai, but it'll be a long time before I sit through Hidden Fortress again, which I think is one of his worst. Plus it was the spawn of Satan.

Oh blunderkitten, how many times are you going to make a fool of yourself? I really have lost count now. You sound like a little petulant child who got caught wasting people's time and now is mad because no one will take your side. It is really pathetic how you come up with new ways to look stupid. You were wrong and no one agrees with your auction tactics. Time to let it go and suck it up like a real woman, so to speak. But go ahead, keep posting - it is very entertaining to watch sink in a sea of inanity.

I don't think ending auctions early should be a frequent solution to avoid selling items for less than you were expecting, but the item does belong to the seller, and he is not required by law to sell everything that is listed. eBay gives the seller an out, with the reason "the item is no longer for sale." Whereas I know how frustrating it can be, I don't think it's unethical at all. Regardless of how excited you are as the high bidder, the item does not belong to you until it is paid for. And it is not legally entitled to you until the auction is over. Until that point, the seller has the right to change his mind about selling.

Its all a matter of opinion. So, since I have people seeing my side of this also, that doesnt make me look like a "fool".

Tomega and OLD GUY .... "Get Over It".

By the way, here is an attachment from TOMEGAs letter to me:

"Since you obviously see nothing wrong with what you do , I am sure you do not mind me sharing your auction history with my fellow collectors, most of the CGC forums represent the upper echelon of collectors. I am sure this large base of collectors will see it your way as well as eBay. Since your auction history and my post are factual, there are no violations of eBay guidelines."

I guess you have to be "the upper echelon of collectors" to be on this site. My he has balls doesnt he?

Dear ThunderKitten: have you visited the eBay message boards, and in particular the "Seller Central" board? There you will find many like-minded misanthropes who feel that to sell on eBay is to be imbued with an ineffable divine grace of some kind. I really think you'd feel more at home there, as being utterly deluded and petulant is not regarded as anti-social behavior.

To facilitate your journey, I proffer this linky-poo

Or you can hang here and have your empty head handed to you on an hourly basis - the choice is yours! flowerred.gif