• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the news on new issues?

5 posts in this topic

It's been pretty cool to see some activity in the modern forum on new books coming out and how people react to them. I have picked up new titles to check out based on some recommendations on here. I just got this email that pretty much is asking for reviews like the ones we post here on the forum. I'll include it below if anyone is interested in being a reviewer for www.x-worldcomics.com :

Greetings,

It is once again the time of year when X-World adds some new staff members to our family. If you LOVE comic books, have a knack for writing and can spare a couple hours a week, then we may have a spot on our roster for you! These are volunteer non-paying gigs, and you would need to be able to obtain your review comics locally on wednesdays and submit your reviews by the following saturdays. What you receive is the satisfaction of seeing your work published on the X-World website (and a few other non-monetary benefits to be discussed later).

If you are interested, please grab a comic book, write up a sample review using the X-World style (look at a sample review on our site)and email it to us by monday.

That's it, good luck and get those keyboards, pens or typewriters warmed up :=)

Reviews will need to be sent to a special email addess at staff@x-worldcomics.com

I did reviews for them a few years ago when they were first starting up, I reviewed a half dozen or so of the early UXM issues. Ken is the owner and a real nice guy. I would encourage anyone that is interested to go for it. It was fun while I was doing it. I wish I'd had the time to keep it up.

Well I don't know about the not so nice story you've got but I've got a pretty funny one. Over the course of two months x-world was unable to fill my order for several comics. I would get most of my order along with a piece of paper listing the ones that were unavailable and would be shipped later. I complained to my brother, who was also ordering from x-world, because I found it odd that stuff I had "pre-ordered" could not be filled. To top it off, he was getting books he did not order. 2+2 and a few minutes later....Guess who got my comics. My brother! foreheadslap.gif

I have a not-so-nice story about X-World that I could share with you guys. PM me if you want more details.

Ditto, they ripped me off! mad.gif Don't ever buy raw books from them. 893frustrated.gif They couldn't grade if their life depended on it.