• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid-Ohio Comic-Con photo's

25 posts in this topic

I wore my "nik" shirt for the first time, to this event. Wanted to see if anyone recognized it. Didn't seem like anyone did. But I did have an unbuttoned long sleeved shirt over it. But the "nik" was still observable.

Anyone see me?

I don't know anyone here, I don't think. The only one who would have known me from just my face, would have been Dave Kapelka. But he wasn't there. I've known him and his family for a long time.

I also bought a couple of Superman rings for gifts. Funny thing was, I had to guess at the sizes. Tried on a size 11 and it was way to large. Then tried on a size 12 and it was smaller. I told the seller that one of those two was wrong. He says "We didn't make them. We just sell them". I smiled and said "Yea, I figured that, but maybe you want to straighten it out for your next customer". He looked perturbed. Must have been a long weekend for him. :) I bought two rings on guesses for the sizes, for a son and a friend. W'ell see how that turns out.

I almost bought a DD #1, CGC 2.5. I think the asking price was 375. But I passed as the grade was too low, after thinking about it awhile.

One dealer had a large Supergirl poster for $150.00, signed by Michael Turner. I was going to buy it but asked the girl at that booth if there was a certificate of authenticity that came with the poster and she said "No. I'm just watching the stuff for awhile though". First time I have seen those different size posters that come packaged and state "Signed by the artist or someone else associated with this character", or something similar to this.

How would anyone be able to prove it is a true signature though?

Missed ya, I was puking on the interstate on the way home at that time.

I thought it was a pretty good show....lots of dollar boxes but plenty of higher end stuff from the SA and GA too. I got some nice books.

But I only recognized one artist/writer at the booths. I know I'm getting old but geez! I think they could have expanded their horizons a bit to at least the BA!

Was this the artist you recognized? This was my highlight from the show, a signature/commission from Wolverine co-creator Herb Trimpe on my raw Hulk #181! I actually thought this was going to be a commission because I asked him to do the sketch, but when I asked what I owed him for the work, he said "Let me think, how about nothing?" Super cool guy. (worship)

scan0001-1.jpg

Almost pulled the trigger (using my credit card) for an AF #15. But didn't. Some dealer had six or more of them on his wall. But I didn't care for him so I passed. All the time I was inquiring about a couple of them, he had an earpiece in his ear and was tuning in his ipod or whatever the ear piece was attached to. You would have thought that a potential sale of an AF #15 would have got his attention. But alas, he was more into his electronic thingy. I was going to offer him two hundred less than his asking price, but he irked me and I left.

Was it Jaime Graham? I was at a show and he had earbuds in and was listening to something on his laptop. It irked me too because I asked him some questions on a few comics and he seemed annoyed I was bothering him. I also asked him about a Avengers #4 which was slabbed and his price was insane. I mentioned GPA and he flipped out saying it is BS... :blahblah:

Just curious...

Almost pulled the trigger (using my credit card) for an AF #15. But didn't. Some dealer had six or more of them on his wall. But I didn't care for him so I passed. All the time I was inquiring about a couple of them, he had an earpiece in his ear and was tuning in his ipod or whatever the ear piece was attached to. You would have thought that a potential sale of an AF #15 would have got his attention. But alas, he was more into his electronic thingy. I was going to offer him two hundred less than his asking price, but he irked me and I left.

Was it Jaime Graham? I was at a show and he had earbuds in and was listening to something on his laptop. It irked me too because I asked him some questions on a few comics and he seemed annoyed I was bothering him. I also asked him about a Avengers #4 which was slabbed and his price was insane. I mentioned GPA and he flipped out saying it is BS... :blahblah:

Just curious...

lol, I seen that guy at Detroit Fanfare. I asked him how much for his lowest grade AF #15. He said some outrageous number, so I continued to look. I asked if that was the lowest he would go. His response was, "Make me an offer then!" rolled his eyes and put the earbuds back in his ears. Next weekend at Mid-Ohio he seen me and asked if I was ready to make an offer, like I was a broke fan-boy dreaming. Too bad for him, I spent over $4,000 at those two shows and had he not been such an I would have taken one of those for a fair price.