• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the story behind Heroes Inc.presents Cannon

4 posts in this topic

Anybody know the story behind the comic

Heros Inc. presents CANNON

This seems like a really obscure comic title with alot of big names working on it.

I see Overtstreet lists it as sold only on Army bases?As all the adds are for Military rings, and u s bonds

1800 were stored? 900 were stolen? and now they are surfacing?

Who stole um?

It's a really interesting little comic, ( but by far not these guys best work)

1 war story, (Cannon) 1 superhero story ( The Misfits), and 1 hot dame story( Dragonella , 27_laughing.gif)

It even has a letter page with letters sent to, Armed Services,

Was W.Wood in the military at the time?

And the little guy in the last story called " The Misfits" looks an awful lot like an early prototype for Nightcrawler(sans tail).

Anyhow, just was wondering if there is a story as to how Wally Wood came to publish this and why he only made the 1 issue, or was there 2 ?

Overstreets description could not be more bizarre.Thanks

Zeman

I agree, Zeman, this is one of those mysteries in our hobby. There are clearly far more than 1800 copies flying around - maybe multiple warehouse finds are the cause...I think I've seen 1800 HG copies personally, and I don't get out much wink.gif

I too thought there were at least two issues of Heroes, Inc. ??