• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess where I've been?

107 posts in this topic

WHAT'S HAPPENED TO GARY ????

Why is he deserting us ?????????????

He's finally found a copy of Buzzy #70, thus completing his secret collection of every DC ever made and is now retiring ? confused-smiley-013.gif

He's finally found a copy of Buzzy #70, thus completing his secret collection of every DC ever made and is now retiring ?

Considering I helped him get a Showcase 9 and a Detective 50, I rather doubt that.

why aren't any of those keys slabbed by CGC?

Most of them were until I cracked them open.

Slabbing serves a useful fuction for accuracy of grading (usually but not always) but I don't want to actually have any slabs in my collection, even though many of the comics I bought were slabbed when I bought them.

but I don't want to actually have any slabs in my collection, even though many of the comics I bought were slabbed when I bought them.

What may I ask is your reason for this? Is it purely a space consideration? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What may I ask is your reason for this? Is it purely a space consideration?

Not at all.

Reason 1 - I want to have the comics accessible to open them.

Reason 2 - I want my runs to all look identical and matched up in mylites and boarded all the same size.

Reason 3 - I hate the whole idea of slabbing personally (although if it works for others, then it's not for me to criticise)

Reason 4 - I love restored comics. To me it's about what they look like, not whether someone (heaven forbid !!!!!!!) accidentally slipped with a magic marker.