• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark This Day

9 posts in this topic

For awhile now I have been wondering when this present price boom that began Oct 2003 would deflate. I think today is the beginning. Not the Great Crash Charlie Brown - but the inevitable downturn that always accompanies these upward spirals. Why today you ask? Just look over at ComicLink. Must be a dozen or so 9.6/9.8 Valiants going for $250 up! I am talking gold logo variants, chrome covers, #0 issues! I firmly predict that if indeed these books sell, the crash as foreseen by JoeCollector aka Comicinvestor aka Mr. Happy is just around the corner. It indeed may be the first sign of the apocolypse itself. Just wanted the rest of you to know this.

For awhile now I have been wondering when this present price boom that began Oct 2003 would deflate. I think today is the beginning. Not the Great Crash Charlie Brown - but the inevitable downturn that always accompanies these upward spirals. Why today you ask? Just look over at ComicLink. Must be a dozen or so 9.6/9.8 Valiants going for $250 up! I am talking gold logo variants, chrome covers, #0 issues! I firmly predict that if indeed these books sell, the crash as foreseen by JoeCollector aka Comicinvestor aka Mr. Happy is just around the corner. It indeed may be the first sign of the apocolypse itself. Just wanted the rest of you to know this.

See! See! See! I told you and nobody believed me! March 11, 2004!

See! See! See! I told you and nobody believed me! March 11, 2004!

I believed you...just b/c nobody else did.. frown.gif

Now that is quite a coinky-dink! Looks like we may be safe though. As of yet, no bids on those Valiant gems. Maybe word has not gotten around the Uk or rest of Europe about these valuable, rare collictibles otherwise I am sure they would have been snapped up and packed off to a location just off the Thames.