• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New pedigree - Suscha News

231 posts in this topic

I'll be in NYC in 2 weeks and might check this out. Any TOS Brian?

Most of the boxes weren't even processed yet, so I couldn't go through anything that Vinny himself hadn't checked out. So I never hit the TOS pile as Vinny is still processing it.

Nothing is cheap, and expect to pay FMV prices. To me, these were unquestionably worth the price and I felt no need to negotiate. And I always feel the need to negotiate.

Let me know when you are tired of the Tec 359 Brian.. I missed out on the last one you sold to Andre, hopefully I can get that book out of the way this year..

Did you see any exceptional runs not already on the ComicConnect site? It's difficult to see it being pedigree-worthy if what's on their site is the cream of the crop.

What's on their site merely scratches the surface of what's in this collection. Most of what I looked through was not graded yet nor listed as "rejects". But in speaking with Vinny, it was clear most books haven't even been graded yet. I would expect some stunning stuff on the way.

:popcorn:

If there is a debate about whether or not this should or shouldn't be a pedigree, I'm not sure I can really comment with any more authority or insight than that which has already been given.

Did you see any exceptional runs not already on the ComicConnect site? It's difficult to see it being pedigree-worthy if what's on their site is the cream of the crop.

What's on their site merely scratches the surface of what's in this collection. Most of what I looked through was not graded yet nor listed as "rejects". But in speaking with Vinny, it was clear most books haven't even been graded yet. I would expect some stunning stuff on the way.

I'd happily buy these raw "rejects" all day long.

What do you mean by rejects?

If there is a debate about whether or not this should or shouldn't be a pedigree, I'm not sure I can really comment with any more authority or insight than that which has already been given.

I'd happily buy these raw "rejects" all day long.

What do you mean by rejects?

Come lok at my collection, you will have a good idea :sorry:

Rejects probably means not worth getting slabbed.

Brian from what you saw exactly what years does this collection start getting nice at ? 65 ? 66 ? Also is it pretty much all encompassing ? (Marvel, DC, also including westerns, horror books etc).

Absolutely right Eric. Not DC, but there were some Westerns, Funny animals and Dells that I saw as well. I think around 66 or 67 the books are nice but there are some in 65 that I saw that were stunning as well. By 68, 69 -70 they got outrageously nice as I could tell just by some of the holes. The ones Vinny DIDN'T get graded were nice 9.2s, 9.0s and 8.5s. As a collector, I'm happy to own these books. Many of them had a minor flaw or two... certainly nothing to pass by and not over graded drek with multiple spine stresses, really minor stuff. I wish I was near a scanner right now so I could show you guys how sweet they were.

Rejects probably means not worth getting slabbed.

Brian from what you saw exactly what years does this collection start getting nice at ? 65 ? 66 ? Also is it pretty much all encompassing ? (Marvel, DC, also including westerns, horror books etc).

Absolutely right Eric. Not DC, but there were some Westerns, Funny animals and Dells that I saw as well. I think around 66 or 67 the books are nice but there are some in 65 that I saw that were stunning as well. By 68, 69 -70 they got outrageously nice as I could tell just by some of the holes. The ones Vinny DIDN'T get graded were nice 9.2s, 9.0s and 8.5s. As a collector, I'm happy to own these books. Many of them had a minor flaw or two... certainly nothing to pass by and not over graded drek with multiple spine stresses, really minor stuff. I wish I was near a scanner right now so I could show you guys how sweet they were.

Nice to hear! Cant wait to see some hulks start popping up.