• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid-Ohio Acquisition: My First Adam Hughes!!!

17 posts in this topic

Everybody,

I just returned home from Mid-Ohio Con on Monday. I managed to get a number of really great pieces from some of the artists in attendance...among which was my very first Adam Hughes piece. Since he's so popular (and I'm so proud of the art I scored), I figured I would post this up here for anybody that's interested to check it out:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=695662&GSub=87167

I've been trying to get something from him for several years now--and my time finally came! :D

carlos a.s. lising

Thanks so much for the kind words, guys! :D

Billy, I wish I would have known you'd be at Mid-Ohio too, so I could've introduced myself!

Mamatsch, I love him too! Adam does such great work on those little details that really make his work come to life.

Royd, I saw your comment and very much appreciate it! When're you coming to the States next? Hopefully, I can bump into you at a con and introduce myself!

casl

I was going to start a new thread, but this one already has the title I'd use. I hope the OP doesn't mind me piggybacking on his thread. :foryou:

My fiancée got on Adam Hughes' list at Mid-Ohio and was fortunate enough to get picked. I think the fact that she was dressed as Gwen Stacy when she got on the list may have had something to do with it. hm

Here's what Adam had to say about it on DeviantArt:

From MidOhioCon. Some young lady, dressed as Gwen Stacy, asked for a Gwen Stacy sketch for her boyfriend, who is named Adam. I felt like I was in INCEPTION. I was going to write "I felt like I was in an Escher drawing" but I want to be perceived as hip.

I think this Gwen looks like Lisa Kudrow, which was NOT my intention. I'm the King of Accidental Likenesses.

I LOVE how this came out. Someone asked me if I felt a little robbed since he didn't do a full figure piece. I absolutely don't feel robbed and while I may be biased, I feel this the best convention sketch of Adam's I've ever seen simply because of the emotion it evokes. It reminds the viewer of a powerful aspect of the Spider-man mythos and for that, I love it!

HughesGwen.jpg

I was going to start a new thread, but this one already has the title I'd use. I hope the OP doesn't mind me piggybacking on his thread. :foryou:

My fiancée got on Adam Hughes' list at Mid-Ohio and was fortunate enough to get picked. I think the fact that she was dressed as Gwen Stacy when she got on the list may have had something to do with it. hm

Here's what Adam had to say about it on DeviantArt:

From MidOhioCon. Some young lady, dressed as Gwen Stacy, asked for a Gwen Stacy sketch for her boyfriend, who is named Adam. I felt like I was in INCEPTION. I was going to write "I felt like I was in an Escher drawing" but I want to be perceived as hip.

I think this Gwen looks like Lisa Kudrow, which was NOT my intention. I'm the King of Accidental Likenesses.

I LOVE how this came out. Someone asked me if I felt a little robbed since he didn't do a full figure piece. I absolutely don't feel robbed and while I may be biased, I feel this the best convention sketch of Adam's I've ever seen simply because of the emotion it evokes. It reminds the viewer of a powerful aspect of the Spider-man mythos and for that, I love it!

HughesGwen.jpg

who's list did you NOT get picked for :ohnoez: