• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just For Fun: What If? Golden Age Covers

30 posts in this topic

Just for fun, I've been working on some What If? covers for key Golden Age issues-- i.e. covers that should have featured other characters.

Well...

I just finished my first re-imagining, and I'm pretty happy with the results considering I whipped it up in a couple of hours on an ancient paint program.

May I present to you...

MORE FUN COMICS #73 [1st Aquaman & Green Arrow]

What should have been!

morefun73.jpg

What do you think?

Feedback is always appreciated, and suggestions for future re-imaginings are encouraged!

--CB

How about a nice Dr. Fate or Johnny Quick?

I always thought simply putting the cover of 56 or 61 on 55 would have made that book so much more desirable. But, you may come up with something cooler for the fantasy cover

How about a nice Dr. Fate or Johnny Quick?

I always thought simply putting the cover of 56 or 61 on 55 would have made that book so much more desirable. But, you may come up with something cooler for the fantasy cover

Here's what I did my friend...

As Dr. Fate is unabashedly my second favorite DC character!

I re-imagined More Fun #55 [1st Dr. Fate] using elements from 5 different More Fun covers. First person to identify all 5 gets bragging rights and Golden Age street cred!

fateq.jpg

#'s 55, 67, 69, 71, 73

Looks like you used the 10c circle from #70 due to the slightly darker yellow fill?

I'll go ahead and divulge the missing issue because its use was so obscure. It's actually issue #56-- I doubled the 5 from the header in order to make the issue # of 55 in yellow/orange.

At any rate, I'm happy with the results. :grin: